Newegg ATI Sapphire X1600pro AGP

Snake@War

Sapphire...

No wonder its so cheap.

Nuff said

Why do ya say that?

Snake are you selling that 9600

Depends on how I like my x1600 and how much one would be willing to offer for it...

They're going on ebay for 70 new. I OC'd mine to 380mhz core, 380mhz (shown as ddr) memory.

Spectre, I love my Sapphire 9600 256mb. The first one I got was messed up but they replaced it for me. This one's been running for around 3 yrs now? Good cards, there.

Foxtrot, my 9600 supports 2.0 shader model... :thumbsup:

Isn't that what you need? ;)

It runs Lockdown at around 30 FPS average at high detail when OC'd, if that tells you anything about GRAW.

Sapphire...

No wonder its so cheap.

In the past, Sapphire never had a big name like ASUS, MSI, BFG etc, but they are now a tier 1 board maker for Nvidia and are often the first to put out new gen Nvidia cards onto the market.

I just don't like their freaky white/black striped mannequin mascot.

Sapphire...

No wonder its so cheap.

In the past, Sapphire never had a big name like ASUS, MSI, BFG etc, but they are now a tier 1 board maker for Nvidia and are often the first to put out new gen Nvidia cards onto the market.

I just don't like their freaky white/black striped mannequin mascot.

They are a tier one board maker for ATI, not Nvidia.

I agree on the mascot issue. their marketing department had to be totally stoned the day they came up with that. :rofl:

Edited by Specter

I agree on the mascott issue.  their marketing department had to be totally stoned the day they came up with that. :rofl:

LOL, yes, they must have been on some MAJOR drugs. :hehe:

I bet there are few enthusiasts that passed on a $500 Sapphire card just because they didn't want the mascot's ugly mug on the VPU cooler showing through their side panel window ... :x

They don't make Nvidia stuff. Only Ati. CR6 is mistaken with his post.

Their entire product line, all of their product lines for that matter are geared towards ATi. Even their mobo chipsets are from Ati.

CR6 does know his stuff. It must simply be a mis-type on his part.

Edited by Specter

They don't make Nvidia stuff.  Only Ati.  CR6 is mistaken with his post.

Their entire product line, all of their product lines for that matter are geared towards ATi.  Even their mobo chipsets are from Ati.

CR6 does know his stuff.  It must simply be a mis-type on his part.

LOL, thanks for catching that guys. Yes, that post was incorrect, and I meant ATI :wall: Must be those major drugs I'm on ... :bounce::whistle:

Thanks for the vote of confidence too ... I only know as much as I learn from others, both here and around the 'net. I really appreciate all the great people here who are so willing to help each other and share knowledge and experience :thumbsup:

@Snake@War - both my X800XT and 6800GT are ASUS cards :thumbsup:

@Snake@War - both my X800XT and 6800GT are ASUS cards  :thumbsup:

Ah, I didn't know that ASUS made ATi stuff. I knew they made nVidia.

:shifty: Let's not start this again!

LOL, this time I think I've got it correct, since the boxes are right in front of me :P

Back in the day, most board companies allied themselves with one chip maker because of special deals (like what Dell does with Intel CPUs), and if they dared to make boards with the competitor's GPU, they would lose their "favored" status.

However, once the Radeon showed it's promise (I believe when the 9xxx series came out and Nvidia's 5xxx series floundered), ASUS was the one company with enough clout to ignore Nvidia and start to produce both ATI and Nvidia chips. Now MSI is making boards for both chips.

Gigabyte and BFG just make Nvidia, and Sapphire is sticking to ATI from the looks of things ... it's hard to keep track sometimes lol ;)

I got it yesterday! I just have one question...

Why are there like vertexes that get moved? Are these artifacts?

Edit: LOL

I DL'd the omega drivers and they fix the few probs I've been having!

Thanks ATi! :shifty:

Omega drivers rock!

Edited by Snake@War