mercenary mod

I've been thinking about making a mod in which you'll lead a small team of bad-ass ex-SF soldiers into combat. You'll be working for different clients all around the world. I would like to know if there is some interest in the community.

There could be a whole lot of different skins (different camos, plainclothes,...) and a large selection of guns from all over the world.

I've already thought about some missions:

- rescue missions

- some assasinations in different locations, e.g. in Columbia or Kongo

- an airfield raid where you'll destroy planes for drug transport (remember the "clear and present danger" movie?)

what do you think??

May be they would be a group of high professional killers? Their actions could be directed against some civillian/criminal/army elements... hmmm... I had a skin mod that was similar to your idea CC... but I made no missions for it...

No, SOPMOD, I want them to be (as The Worm said) "Contracters". Sure, they're professionals, too, but I don't want to run from one assasination to another. There would be some in the mod but various other missions as well.

I can't say yet if this project will get realized, as I'm busy with my USMC Mod. I'll think about it when this one is done.

This sounds like an amazing idea mate! If you do get it going and want someone to try and port it to Mac, give me a shout. Am I right to assume they'd be equipped with plenty of new weapons too? Judging by the standards of your other mods, I seriously hope you do this!

@dickie: well, the weapons in this mod wouldn't be new ones. I am a student and don't have the money to buy 3D modeling software, heck I have to use a 30-day trial version of Paint Shop Pro 7 for skinning! :lol:

But I could think of a nice compilation of existing guns. I know, compilation mods aren't very popular but what should I do?

As I sad before, I will think about making this mod when my current one is finished.