Change TGA to RSB for me?

Nope. There is no convert option. Anyone willing to change either a psd or tga or something along those lines for me?

I use GIMP and not PS or PSP.

Edit: Stupid question, but will the plug-in work w/ gimp?

Edited by Snake@War

You should be able to convert from tga to rsb with the RSBeditor. Make sure under Tools you check show TGAs. Navigate to your texture folder and select your TGA file, right click, and select convert. Then you have to select your rsb file, right click, choose Property Editor, and check either Alpha blending or Alpha testing enabled. Under alpha testing choose something like Greater than, then enter a number from 0 to 256 - I find 128 is usually a good choice. Use alpha blending if you want a blurred transition from opaque to transparetn, like with smoke. See the level builder PDF file on your DS disk for more info.

Oh, and make sure your TGA file dimensions are multiples of 2 - e.g.:

2x2

4x4

16x16

16x32

128x1024 etc.

You should be able to convert from tga to rsb with the RSBeditor. Make sure under Tools you check show TGAs. Navigate to your texture folder and select your TGA file, right click, and select convert. Then you have to select your rsb file, right click, choose Property Editor, and check either Alpha blending or Alpha testing enabled. Under alpha testing choose something like Greater than, then enter a number from 0 to 256 - I find 128 is usually a good choice. Use alpha blending if you want a blurred transition from opaque to transparetn, like with smoke. See the level builder PDF file on your DS disk for more info.

Oh, and make sure your TGA file dimensions are multiples of 2 - e.g.:

2x2

4x4

16x16

16x32

128x1024 etc.

Thank you! I'll try this.

Well said cobaka.

The first time I used the RSBTool to convert images I had it 1024x768 and it screwed up the image, so I didn't know what was wrong. When I got PS and save as RSB it said it had to be a power of two, so be sure it is.

BrandonKappel ;)

EDIT: Also look at THIS POST on ghostaholic. Compliments of wwoody.

Edited by BrandonKappel

Well said cobaka.

The first time I used the RSBTool to convert images I had it 1024x768 and it screwed up the image, so I didn't know what was wrong. When I got PS and save as RSB it said it had to be a power of two, so be sure it is.

BrandonKappel ;)

EDIT: Also look at THIS POST on ghostaholic. Compliments of wwoody.

This is what I am doing. Trying to make a MARPAT skin but stupid GR displays everything really darkk... :angry: I love you GR, but your an idiot. LOL

Edit: After looking at the TUT, you can also Print Screen, instead of converting the template rsb and not have to convert the file an extra time.

Edited by Snake@War

yeah so make sure when you do it snake you back it up.

Yeah, I'ld been doing something similar to this. But had it backed up waiting to convert.

Edit: Someone either need to sticky this thread or make a tut on how to do this a sticky it. :shifty: Are you looking at me?

Edited by Snake@War