Universal Soldier skin

• 1 month later...
I've got a bro in spec ops and I'm pretty sure they repel facing downwards. I think its called angel repeling or something like that.

It's called the "Australian" rappel. The standard position is called "Ranger" or "Seat-Hip". "Australian" is fast and one-handed (so you can ready a weapon), but is a little more complicated to learn. There is also a style called "Assault" in which the person rappelling is actually upside down. Don't see that used much.

My history - 11 years as a Scout in several Cavalry Regiments and a son with 12 years in the 82nd Airborne (now serving his second 1-year tour in Iraq).

I've got a bro in spec ops and I'm pretty sure they repel facing downwards. I think its called angel repeling or something like that.

It's called the "Australian" rappel. The standard position is called "Ranger" or "Seat-Hip". "Australian" is fast and one-handed (so you can ready a weapon), but is a little more complicated to learn. There is also a style called "Assault" in which the person rappelling is actually upside down. Don't see that used much.

My history - 11 years as a Scout in several Cavalry Regiments and a son with 12 years in the 82nd Airborne (now serving his second 1-year tour in Iraq).

yep its the australian rappel (the one in UniSol) the totally upside down rappel is lizard rappel, another is the stupid rappel in which you free fall and decelerate when you are near ground (of course)

• 5 months later...