Using Grid Maps on GR?

Cobblers

I would not hold your breath for RSE to ever add numbers and letters to the stock gr/ds/it command maps for a future patch if there is one. That would make too much sense. Anyone one of us that actually competes on gr ladders would have pushed for number and letter references on the command maps had we been working for RSE. Is it just me or does it seem like there is not one true gamer among them? They have had 2 expansion packs now to add them and nothing. The common response from RSE would be to do it yourself. They know that gaming ladders rarely allow any file modifications to games "out the box", but that does not seem to matter to them. Using your own command maps instead of the stock ones is not cheating. I don't care what you've done to the original ones. Heck, create your own from scratch if you want. It's still not cheating. If your ladder says that it is then they are wrong. Short of some kind of server implemented file verification system there is no way a ladder can monitor what command maps you use. There are many modified command maps out there available for download. If some teams on a given ladder decide not to use them so be it. Too bad for them. If we taped actual letters and numbers to our monitor screen instead ... would that be called cheating as well? The people that run these ladders are simply wrong on this and should allow for replacing the original command maps with whatever you want.

Does this sound like your ladder?

"Oh yeah, lets just dumb down the ladder by only allowing teams to use the stock command maps. (Which are lame with only grids and no grid references.) Not every team may take advantage of enhanced command maps. That would not be fair."

Cry me a freakin river. That's all I got to say about that.

Low Profile

www.lowpro.net

:rocky:

This reminds me of a joke my old Drill Seargent pulled

on my buddy at Ft. Knox of 59' durring my boot camp!

"Soldier go down to the supply, and bring me back a box of grid squares", Drill Seargent ordered my buddy to do.

Off went my buddy to supply.

20 min. later he cam back with a blank stare. :huh:

"Where is my box of grid squares soldier?" Drill Seargent asked.

My buddy responded, "Supply laughed at me for about 5 min., and

asked if I were stupid, cause there is no such thing as a box of grid

squares, they only can be found on maps!"

:blink: How can grids be considered cheating? Hmmmn, only if your the idiot :blink: that thinks that they should be in boxxes... :lol: