Mission 4 Black Needle

sdk

I hate missions with time limits !

When I get near the UN forces in the ruins and kill a few badies a pop up tells me that the UN forces were killed before I made contact and the mission ends.When I played this mision last time there was no time limit.

Do I need to approach the ruins from a certain directions or what ?

Mmm, strange I disabled the IT mod then recommenced. There was was no distant gunfire like there was with the IT enabled and I walzed into the ruins from the west, cleaned out the badies, met the UN guys and mission over.

Does enabling IT mod increase the difficulty ? Seems like a different game !

As soon as you kill 1 enemy in the ruined village, not including the guards at the top of the hill just before the ruins, it triggers the invulnerability of the UN guys off, so you have to really lay into the enemy.

You can go all the way around on the left and move down into the ruins without triggering this, then lean around and start killing the ones immediately in front of you.

I think you are correct about the change in the mission after IT.

I played this mission before IT came out and had no problems. After IT though I had same thing keep happening, UN guys were getting killed. I assumed it was because of the 1.3 patch made the AI smarter and they killed the UN guys quicker. I wonder....

There is no time limit. After you clear the crossroads, you have any amount of time to approach the ruins. You can take your time going around the hills and go right down to where the UN soldiers are. They will stay invulnerable until you kill the first tango in the village itself.

i play with IT and the UN guys never die. try this

when you stand on the road and look towards the village, make your way through the hills and woods. when you reach the wall around the village, look for a hole in it. secure the small area around the hole and spy around every corner and take out the tangos (i prefer the M4/Masterkey 'cause it's real CQB). there should be no problem with the Bluehelmets