Container Yard Map Progress Update

StereoG

Tractor trailers would look right at home. Really great if they were drivable. :please:

Map looks excellent, by the way. Perfect map for hunting down terrorist trying to smuggle WMD into the US.

Like the idea of releasing beta versions. Gives everyone an idea of the work that goes into a map or a mod. Allows input to your work and hopfully everyone appriciates the time and effort that goes into the development.

Keep up the good work!

tools

Great map!

This kind of project makes me wish we had more kit choices like in R6. I think that sniper is going to stick out like a sore thumb if he goes to ground on the macadam. :wall:

Too bad we can't choose urban grey or something similar.

"Hey look! Someone left a pile of leaves in the parking lot."

"Say, what's that red dot on your chest?"

Edited by SAWmonger

HI StereoG!!

Pretty cool!!!! Beforehand; Thanks for the map !!

We're having a BLAST :lol: playing Mp's this map is one of the MOST Original work !! SIMPLE but VERSATILE , FUN!! Open SPACES!! (needs a "Crane") for Sniping ,but is ok as it is :thumbsup:

We make a simple mission( 3 objectives and some twists), some vehicles, armor and chopers,and those pesky Snipers, "The whole enchilada!!" and Stereo ur map ROCKS!!

A CLASSIC!! :yes:

This is gonna be one of our Favorites, we're holding for the Final Product .

CHEERS

What about one container that is (broken) open and you can go inside (only some boxes and crates inside) and maybe some more junk outside. Definately need a crane (what a good idea)... And maybe some trucks that move the containers (container-trucks ?). The more detail (within limit of polygons) the better !

Maybe ...

:shifty:

Thanks guys, glad you like it. :D

Cuchillo its comments and feedback like yours that keep us going, i assume every modder when they take on a big task feels like quiting when they run into some problems and nobody seems interested in what they are doing etc... ty.

i cant wait till i get this map to you guys to play but im trying to take my time and do it right first time.

I released 3 beta versions at different stages to get some feedback on the early gameplay feel to see if it was worth continuing. Also i help pay for a dedicated gr server and ran it on there for my friends to try out lol.

Anyway im continuing with the map and adding some realisim elements like glass on the lights outside and grass growing out of the cracks in the concrete etc... I have got the lighting tool worked out and im planing 4 versions. Day large,night large, day small & night small. The smaller version will just be the offices and carpark for solo gametypes like lastman and for close combat siege or ctf.

Its looking good, i will keep you guys posted.

thanks again.

Edited by StereoG