Good CO-OP REALISM mods ?

What's the best mods to run as far as realism or teamwork? I'm looking for some mods for coop games with friends, that don't make the gun shoot super fast and accurate or anything like that.

I hear gunslingers' mod is good and alfa droopy's enemy/general realism, also.

Which is better and/or more realistic? Which has better weapons as far as selection? For multiplayer coop and teamwork?

THanks.

Also, for gunslingers and droopy's, can someon tell me the LATEST version number of it and where I could find them too? I found a few, but need the make sure I got the newest one.

THanks a lot,

Crow

What's the best mods to run as far as realism or teamwork?  I'm looking for some mods for coop games with friends, that don't make the gun shoot super fast and accurate or anything like that.

I hear gunslingers' mod is good and alfa droopy's enemy/general realism, also.

Which is better and/or more realistic?  Which has better weapons as far as selection?  For multiplayer coop and teamwork?

THanks.

Also, for gunslingers and droopy's, can someon tell me the LATEST version number of it and where I could find them too?  I found a few, but need the make sure I got the newest one.

THanks a lot,

Crow

DO NOT GET DAGRM4.8. It's all stolen content.

Droopy's 'enemy/general realism' mod is the best realism mod I know of.

Edited by sup

I tried out some realism mods, but they seem to be just for single player.

Got Gunslinger's 5.0, but the physics/aiming/enemy only seem to work in single player, otherwise it is the default ones. Am I wrong on this? I saw reference to a 6.0, but it doesn't seem to be on the net.

Tried Droopy's Alfa General/Enemy REalism mod 1.05, but is also for single player. (BTW, what's the newest mod version for this one?).

I love what some of these mods do, but would like for it to extend to co-op multiplayer. Enemies that are less than olympic ability accurate, use suppression fire, surrender if they run out of bullets, see as far as we do, plus us having more weapon selection.

If anyone knows of a realism mod that works like that, plz tell me. Also, is there a way to make either one of the above mods work for co-op as far as the ENEMY AI?

THanks

[Moderator Edit: Duplicate Threads Merged]

Edited by Pave Low

I actually will be releasing a modification soon that makes weapons much more realistic. It is called "North Korea Campaign." I increased the zoom a little bit on most weapons, not much, because the screen size in Ghost Recon makes characters at 100 meters look like they are at 150 meters.

The original programmers gave a few of the firearms superior performance compared to the others for no apparent reason. The OICW carbine without a scope has tremendous zoom. The SA-80 aims much faster than the M-16. Sniper rifles sometimes do not kill with one shot. (Why would a .50 BMG sniper bullet that practically cuts a human body in half if the hit is in the torso not kill with one shot?) Handguns aim slower than the rifles (practically defeats the purpose of using handguns since they are close range weapons).

Firing on full automatic with the Ghost Recon weapons is also quite fake. If you have ever fired a fully automatic weapon in real life you will get poor accuracy and will not hit anything past about 17 meters unless you are using a heavy machine gun. Firearms have recoil from shells being ejected and new cartridges being loaded in causing your barrel to move upwards from its original aiming position. I am almost certain you will like the alterations. The alterations are described in the paragraphs below.

Handguns aim very fast and have more recoil, but have poor accuracy past twenty-five meters.

Submachine guns (MP-5, SA-25) have more recoil and little more zoom, but are not effective past 100 meters. The 9 millimeter cartridges submachine guns use are not very powerful so they are generally not effective beyond the range of 100 meters. Submachine guns were also made for close quarters combat. (The A-91, Groza and AKS-74U can hit targets out to 150 meters because they fire a more powerful round.)

Rifleman weapons have more recoil, but also a little more zoom. (Sorry you OICW carbine lovers, the zoom is not extremely high anymore. The rifleman weapon that has the most zoom now is the scoped M-16.) You may also also wonder why I changed the OICW to have 20 round magazines. The reason I did so is the weapon has textured 20 round magazines (not the 30 round). The weapon is also quite superior to all others so it also balances it out a little bit more. I also added the zoom feature to grenade launchers and the M-136 rocket launcher.

The SR-25 sound suppressed sniper rifle has now been made into a rifleman weapon. It doesn't have near the amount of zoom as the sniper's version, but it is quite deadly. A .45 1911 handgun has also been added as a sidearm with this rifle. I hope you enjoy the new kit.

All sniper rifles have been replaced with my own specialized versions. All the rifles will almost always kill with a single shot every time you hit a target. Some rifles may aim a little slower and have more recoil, but almost all models have increased zoom. Snipers are now pretty much one shot one kill (as they should be). The 7.62 x 51 round is quite lethal as are the much more powerful cartridges: .338 Lapua (fired by M-98 rifle) and .50 BMG (fired by M-82 rifle). I also replaced the M-9 9x19 handgun with the 1911 .45 ACP handgun in three sniper kits.

The [Ghost Recon] enemy weapon fire is just too accurate in my opinion. Enemy fire is still accurate enough to be quite dangerous, but no more full auto fire from one hundred meters killing you on the first shot (unless it is a very lucky shot).

The AK-47 and VZ-58 look similar, but have different performances. The AK-47s textures have been changed to look like a VZ-58 (since the original AK-47 textures were ugly), but the AK-47 rifle still performs quite well as a weapon. (Heck, the VZ-58 is just an updated AK-47!)

I also gave enemies little or no body armor. No more unloading a full thirty rounds into your enemy leaving him still alive (I have done this before. I have actually fired about 200 rounds into an enemy and he was still alive).