747 map/mission availible?

joe_john

Is there a 747 Airliner mission out for GR? I play the original Rogue Spear just for this type of mission but it is now too old. Since a lot of mods have Devgru, Delta, Force Recon i was hoping for a good CQB mission with plenty of tangos and hostages to rescue. I would appreciate any info. Thanks

Sadly, GR doesn't handle CQB too well and there haven't been many custom maps/missions with CQB. If you have SOAF, there is a converter (I think it's in the downloads section of this site) that will covert the SOAF maps to GR. Those have some nice CQB elements.

Thanks for the info. I play SOAF but it is not GR. Still a very good game IMO. I like all the forest type maps but w/ all the different weapon kits and skins I would like to see a CQB mission so we can utilize all kits and characters.

( but that's just my opinion )

And there allways welcome here.

The review I read of SOAF is that its a good game but GR doesnt do indoor as well and is more suited to the large out door maps cause they look so good. All though the complex body system with wounds etc lends it self well to the CQB element of making the shots count, a good 9mm round to the head, i made a little mission once and just picked a random character. Cept the character was this guy with huge armour and you could shoot him as many times as you liked with the 9mm Pistol or MP5 and it wouldnt even wound him inless you went for the T spot on the head. It was in the air control tower from Orig GR.

Fo r me it is tougher to hit the guy in the head while trying to sweep for the next target . A great challege. SOAF is cool and I picked it up for around $5.00 @ CompUSA( glad I made that purchase ). Anyway I think that's why i'm looking for 747 maps/missions for GR instaed of SOAF. Thanks CHEMS!

Thanks for the info. I play SOAF but it is not GR. Still a very good game IMO. I like all the forest type maps but w/ all the different weapon kits and skins I would like to see a CQB mission so we can utilize all kits and characters.

Since you have SOAF the map converter might be the way to go, it will bring all your favorite SOAF Maps to GR. It's a small download drop it into your SOAF/Maps folder IIRC and kickit off, in a few minutes you'll hav e anice map mod to drop into your GR folder.

Then get IGOR for dummies and script some CQB mission for GR, Firefight is fun for a while, but limiting in it's simplicity, it does get old after a while.

I'm sure there are some people who would play the mission if they were to get made?

The SoafMaps Install Mod is for Owners of both Games to play the new Maps in Ghost-Recon. This Mod copies files from your SOAF folder to your GR folder and in itself, doesn´t include any Files from the Original-Game "The Sum of all Fears"! For Installation it´s necessary that both Games are installed on the user's computer

SOAF Maps for GR