PS2 got a better deal

Storm Shadow

I hear alot of Edited out by moderator talk about how Xbox got a better deal than PS2 for Ghost Recon. But I must say being that I own all 3 platforms thats total bull Edited out by moderator . If any of you PC guys have a ps2 and dont own this game I suggest you pick it up. Sure youve played the missions and seen it all. But there are some great movies that are included that are way better then the ones in Island Thunder also theres music in game which gives it a more movie feel which is awsome. Xbox didnt have that. Its also got Desert Seige, Interviews, you can listen to Bill Browns soundtrack while viewing Ghost Recon screensavers. Granted the AI of the enemy is not as strong as PC and you can fly right thru the game its still IMHO a great port because if you really want great multiplayer you need the pc not the box. Edited out by moderator .

"Keep charging the enemy so long as there is life"

SS {+}

There's different ways to get your point across and this is not one of them.

Please do not use curse words in your posts.

Thanks

Yodasplat

:o= I found the PS2 controls a bit loose, I like the feel of the Xbox Controller-S. I also had quite a bit of slowdown in my PS-2, alot of jittering and studdering, perhaps due to my old PS2 model # SCPH-30001. Although I am a firm supporter of both systems the Xbox seems crisper. Maybe it's my opinion but for FPS my xbox is king.

45 missions completed, 5 left in my dossier.

Spunk

I got the PS2 version just for fun as I use the PC version ALOT. :P

I found it really good, the best FPS I've played on a console.

And about the PS2 controllers.... It's a matter of what you're used to. If you've had a PSX since they came out, which was long ago, you really don't like the XBX ones. ;) That was smart of Sony, to keep the joypad design, and add a few new buttons, as it is great. :D

Yeh, it was quite entertaining for the few hours it took to beat it :) The controls aren't that bad compared to some other first-person shooters I've played on the PS2. As for controllers in general, I still prefer the XBox one. It's very esthetically pleasing, very comfortable and it's the only console gamepad that doesn't make my fingers hurt after 6-12 hours of non-stop gaming.

It's a matter of what you're used to. If you've had a PSX since they came out, which was long ago, you really don't like the XBX ones
Not necessarily true, I've had the PSX for two or three years now and the XBox for two or three months :)

• 2 weeks later...

Xbox version runs smoother, graphics are more detailed and better looking and the game is in Dolby Digital 5.1. PlayStation2 has none of this. I have also played the Xbox version with a PS2 Controller and the Xbox. They both played well.

The only thing the PS2 version has over the Xbox other than the FMV's is playing a Campaign in Elite difficulty. In the PS2 version there is no Threat Indicator in this mode! I love that, I play the PC version like that all the time. On the Xbox the indicator is there all the time. Makes the game way too easy.

• 3 months later...
Xbox version runs smoother, graphics are more detailed and better looking and the game is in Dolby Digital 5.1. PlayStation2 has none of this.

Uh dude...... ps2 version does have dolby digital it's on the back of the box. graphics may be better on the xbx(probally are) but im tired of people saying that the ps2 version is crap. IMO it's just as good as PC version. :o=