Sample map for testing custom sounds

JohnTC02

Update....

The missions that have custom sounds will now work whether you have the sound mod installed or not. Sonia was playing my latest mission using the sound mod while I was playing with out the sound mod on my dedicated server. She could hear the sounds but obviously I couldn't, the main thing is the game or the server didn't crash.

So it looks like we should all be able to play these new missions together even if some are using the sound mod while others are not.

Well I'm very curious about your next map John.

Maybe you should make your own game, like Blame said... GRAW3 (or something like that :D ).

For the die hard GRAW fans!!!

The game should already be dead according to some people, but guys like you and all the other modders kept it alive.

Each time you come up with a new feature you take the game to another level, so why not convert the whole game into "your" game :hmm: .

Then you could integrate all your mods and add all your maps as an expension pack on a seperate CD/DVD, or as DLC (downloadable content).

Imagine.... a complete GRAW2 overhaul with your sound mods, uniform mods and mission mods, installable like any other game and with new updates through this forum.

And you can put me on the list for the first copy LOL

Cheers,

Rico

Hi guys,

CJ, GRFS isn't exactly what everyone was expecting as a GRAW2 sequel. UBIsoft may call it "GRAW3", but it isn't anything like GRAW2 at all.

I was one of the many people that was very dissapointed when I found out that GRFS turned out to be a 3rd person shooter instead of 1st person (as it should be).

UBIsoft made it very clear that GRFS was actually meant to be a console game and not a pc game. That's why the pc version sucks in alot of ways.

All the possibilities for dedicated servers, easy connecting and so on which were THE major good things about GRAW2 were clearly taking out in GRFS. You can't play the game anymore like you used to do.

So... to opinion GRFS is not exactly GRAW3 but more or less something like a copy or combo of MW3, Medal of Honor, Battlefield etc.

I purchased GRFS as it was released, but I haven't played it much. To be honest, I haven't even ended the 1st mission.

One of the main reasons is that I can't connect to others and other people can't connect to me, so.... it's not my game :bye:

If I would have the knowledge to rewrite GRAW2, I would really do that and put it on the download page for the the die hard GRAW2 fans. As long as I don't ask money for it, it would just be like any other mod which is legal.

Unfortunately I'm too stupid for that :rofl:

Rico

Yep, I think we all agree that GRFS is pretty much crap compared to GRAW 2.

Scenery, weapons and cloak are great in GRFS, but they should have just added that to GRAW 2, then called it GRAW 3.

I havent played it for ages, and probably wont any more due to that 3rd person position of which I am very very anti.

But, hey....each to his own !

• 2 weeks later...

Update......

My next mission should be in the beta forums within the next few days.

Features to look out for:

• First ever co-op mission with custom sounds, should you decide to install the accompanying sound mod.

• First ever map to include a working elevator.

• Over 3500 lines of code in the mission script.

• New buildings, animated props and doors.