If you're not using extreme difficulty you are wrong

I recently upgraded my PS4 to a PS4 Pro (Wildlands gets a noticable performance boost with the Pro) and decided to do another play through. But a little different this time

-Extreme difficulty

-ALL HUD elements turned off

-radio and music turned off 

seriously i can't recommend this enough, my immersion level has jumped through the roof this time around. Dare I say it feels like GR on Elite with HU. 

Edited by shakealeg1212
  • Like 2

Yeh I play on extreme, and have activated Tier One mode. This is HARD, I play every mission many times before it is successful. I like the challenge, and it stops me breezing through the entire campaign without taking it all in and enjoying it.

I have not dispensed with the mini map though.......

• Like 1

-I go as high as advanced difficulty and turn off the majority off the HUD items...

-the biggest assist in aiding my immersion is not using the drone and relying on binos

for me the artificial bumps to the AI in extreme difficulty and the lack of actual use of the AI squad (the "fire" command is too overpowered) make the game hard in an inorganic "unfair" way.

• 4 months later...
On 05/04/2018 at 19:07, shakealeg1212 said:

I recently upgraded my PS4 to a PS4 Pro (Wildlands gets a noticable performance boost with the Pro) and decided to do another play through. But a little different this time

-Extreme difficulty

-ALL HUD elements turned off

-radio and music turned off 

seriously i can't recommend this enough, my immersion level has jumped through the roof this time around. Dare I say it feels like GR on Elite with HU. 

Thats when this really feels like a tactical shooter. I love playing this way. My favorite thing is when you have to adjust and learn how to accurately shoot without your crosshairs.