Geforce 2 to Geforce 4

Herd

Hi Folks,

What kind of FPS increase could one expect in going from a Geforce 2 (64mg) to a Geforce Ti4400 (128mg)? With the Geforce 2 card FPS has been around 17-22 . Processor is P4 1.8Ghz.

I'm asking for a friend of mine.

Thanks!

Herd

im running a gf4 ti 4200 and i average 85fps on high settings , trying to remember how my gf2 mx ran hmm been awhile anyway in xp depending on the refresh rate i set my monitor too i can get up to 100fps.

it realy depends on the o/s your running and all other components including the psu tho hell definitly see a vast improvment over a gf2

i just switched from a GF2 200Ti to a GF4 4200Ti Turbo this xmas. my average frame rate with the old and most setting on high was 20-35. with the new and all settings maxed i am getting 45-65.

That is odd Hotdog cause my FPS never drop below 60 or 61 in every map far as I can remember. That is why I had thought it was a bottleneck somewhere. That is kinda strange.

That is odd Hotdog cause my FPS never drop below 60 or 61 in every map far as I can remember. That is why I had thought it was a bottleneck somewhere. That is kinda strange.
actually i was just playing several maps today and i checked my f/r and it was up around 75-80. lol my bad.

Yeah, with everything set on high you'll get between 50-85 (thats as far as my monitor allows) fps. If your monitor can refresh higher, than you'll definately be goin farther, but it really does not make a difference. I do own a 4400 just so ya know and you'll be runnin GR smooth as butter with it...

actually i was just playing several maps today and i checked my f/r and it was up around 75-80. lol my bad.

lol, I was thinking something was off. :blink: My 440 will do for now as I mentioned in other topics. But you are gonna proly want a card that will last you awhile. I plan on upgrading not too far off so I went with the 440.