Monitors

KRP 56

21" Monitors. I'm looking at the Viewsonic G220F and the Sony CPD-E540. Anyone using one of these or have any recommendations about either of these brands? I'm using a 17" HP MX 75 now and it's ok but since I got my last bank statement and they showed me they only pay .50% interest now :angry: I might as well spend it. :wacko:

I'd advise not going with a brand for buying monitors. They are very difficult beast to select due to the wide variety of image quality from model to model. What I would recommend is heading off to your nearest computer store(s) and looking at their monitors, even fiddling with screen settings. After you find one you like in your price range, head online and buy it at a good price.

I am using a KDS XF-9e, which is a 19" Flat CRT. While not nearly as deep as most monitors, it has superior contrast and resolution. $240 online, though the retailer I bought it from has swapped out that one for a cheaper display. <_<

I'd stay away from a 21" unless you can afford it. Most times, the people who own 21" and above use them primarily for graphic design, drafting, etc. If all you have worked on is a 17", you'll be astonished at 19" - the difference is incredible.

Both are great brands. Id go with the VS, and the money you save over the Sony, buy another game ! !

:D You're correct about the price difference the VS comes in about $125.00 less. That savings could buy GR2 & GR3 :lol: Wishfull thinking. :unsure:

To be honest I don't notice much difference between my 21" work monitor and my 19" home monitor. Spend the cash you saved on a game or two. :)

Are work monitors are all 15" LCD so that doesn't help me and I don't even know anyone who has a 19" monitor to try out. :( Are there 2 games out worth having? :blink::wacko: THANKS FOR THE WALLPAPERS!

You local pc shop should usually have some on display. Actually when I got home I checked the different sizes and they were both 19" :lol: so that's why I don't notice any difference, but my colleague has a 21" monitor and there is a difference (about 2 inches!), but to be honest what's the point? They take up an huge amount of space for that extra size and don't really improve game playing (for me anyway). Unless you are a graphic designer or draftsman as DR said, not many people use that size.

See the Rocky wins some dough thread for game advice. My choice would be Splinter Cell and GTA Vice City.

THANKS FOR THE WALLPAPERS!

No problem

Wierd - I'm a small screen junkie. Have a 15" monitor at work, which the IT dept want to replace, but I won't let them. (Leaves more room for clutter on desk!!) :wacko:

At home I've a 17" monitor, which for me is perfect. I like to sit close - so I guess anything bigger would really mess up my eyes.