Theme Teaser

Man, all these crossovers...

Is Ubisoft going to have a Tom Clancy universe cinematic franchise, like Marvel? All the individual movies would lead up to a big movie featuring the Ghosts, the Division, Fourth Echelon, and Team Rainbow teaming up against a big terrorist organization threatening the entire world.

7 hours ago, nyleken said:

Man, all these crossovers...

Is Ubisoft going to have a Tom Clancy universe cinematic franchise, like Marvel? All the individual movies would lead up to a big movie featuring the Ghosts, the Division, Fourth Echelon, and Team Rainbow teaming up against a big terrorist organization threatening the entire world.

Rainbow Six plot would make a great mini-series (as would ghost recon)

the games crossover is great in concept, though the style of missions in the campaign are pretty limited.... I expect that the highlight of the mission will likely be in the interaction between characters (as was with the Splinter Cell crossover)..

perhaps the mission is a series of breaching missions (like in the side missions)

Im wondering if at some point the last few provinces will get bosses...

I can already see the plot for the movie:

Rainbow is sent to raid a terrorist hideout in an undisclosed NATO-aligned European country that ends with the deaths of a handful of rookie operatives (can't kill off any named characters yet!) Realizing that their opponents are probably not your run of the mill European terrorists, Angela Basset's SIX requests the assistance of JSOC assets to provide some extra firepower. JSOC sends in the Ghosts to assist, and together with Rainbow learn that the terrorists plan an attack on US soil, presumably some random large midwestern city.

The story shifts over to Sam Fisher and Fourth Echelon, who are tasked with using their SIGINT capabilities to figure out where the attack is going to take place. They manage to narrow it down to one city and Fisher helps mitigate the damage the terrorists would cause but is too late to actually prevent the attack itself. Insert convenient reason for the first responders being unable to retake the city and you have what is essentially a no man's zone. The DHS activates Division agents within the region and tasks them with assisting the National Guard and/or police with restoring law and order. Rainbow and the Ghosts are sent in to eliminate the leadership of the terrorists. There you'll have your big action setpiece for the movie.

The terrorists are obviously defeated, law and order is restored, the Rainbow operators and the Ghosts make terrible quips at each other, blah blah blah. Angela Basset monologues about the power of teamwork and the movie ends. There is post-credits scene where she approaches Jack Ryan about the Clancy Initiative or something.

from the patchnotes:

Join Twitch on a mission to track down Rainbow’s missing Operative in the Wildlands. Who is this Operative? Why are they here? Head over to Caimanes to launch Operation Revenge and find out. Completing Operation Revenge will reward players with Caveira Gloves, which include Caveira’s iconic CQC move, unlocking the position of all enemies within the vicinity in our Campaign Mode.

can't wait to play this!  not really what i was expecting but every interested what the devs have created for us.

And i have to say: buying Wildlands, after not playing any games for a couple of years, has been great. i am totally hooked on this game. just i was back in the day with the original Ghost Recon. Now, only if i could create some weaponskins myself.......

• Like 2

So patch notes add a couple of nice things:

-Gender of player and AI characters can now be changed at any time

-proximity mines are now available in P v E   (will work great with friendly fire now)

though prestige point crates only being able to unlock gear from before season 2 is really a cheap ploy