New Ghost Recon Mod Ideas.....

Burner

Team,

I just had some suggestions and ideas for potential future mods....the question is can they be done?

1.) Tactical lights on rifles that can be turned on and off with a key board command (attach vehicle light to weapon model?)

fulton-1.gif

2.) Thermal Infrared Night Vision instead of traditional NVG (black and white screen filter maybe?)

Night-Vision-Vs-Thermal-2.jpg

3.) Flash of light for flashbangs, less black smoke than the normal frag grenade visual effect

flashbang2_f.jpg

Edited by Burner

1. Possible to have a light but someone would have to model and give it the correct attributes in 3dsm.

Someone who knows about weapon modeling could give a better answer.

2. Night Vision is hard coded to be green. Had a serious attempt at it myself but no joy.

3. Grenades exploding on the ground use billboard effect 3 (80 textures that are animated).

Grenades that explode in water or vertical surfaces us a different billboard effect. This can definitely be changed in Photoshop. I altered Blood Oil's grenade explosions by editing only the first 7 textures.

For flash-bangs to have less smoke the alphas of the last 30-40 textures of billboard effect 3 would have to be blacked out. It would need to be done gradually where the smoke doesn't instantly disappear.

The only drawback is that regular grenades would use the same effect. Maybe a compromise of sorts could be found.

Edited by wombat50

Thanks Wombat.....

1.) Interesting.....this would be great for room clearing dark rooms without NVG use

2,) well that's disappointing...but really not a huge deal

3.) Your right, I forgot that the explosion effect is tied to the grenade effect, or we can change it to the AT explosion etc.

So a compromise would have to occur between a grenade and a flashbang.

I would prefer eliminating the black smoke from the flashbang (so you can see tangos in the room quickly) than about a dark frag effect

Years ago I screwed around with the Projectile Editor under Tools in Igor.

If I recall, and I don't remember how I did it, I took a howitzer shell and made it a throwable item and made it the secondary in some kits.

I tried setting the blast radius at 100 but it killed me because I could throw it about 20-30 yards. Lol.

I'd struggle to do it as its been along time but I think you could take the flashbang model you have and run it thru the projectile editor to change the explosion type.

In the Projectile editor you can choose the type of explosion: no visual, frag grenade, AT4 missile and claymore.

Or another possibility is to edit the explosion type for a normal frag in its .prj file. I have forgotten, maybe you have a "flashbang.prj" already so it would be easy enough to try the below setting in its . prj file.

RegularFrag explosion

<VisualExplosionType>1</VisualExplosionType>

howitzer shell explosion type(may be used by other .prj's but have not researched it)

<VisualExplosionType>0</VisualExplosionType>

or AT missile type:(may be used by other .prj's but have not researched it)

<VisualExplosionType>2</VisualExplosionType>

Pretty sure all these explosion types can be redone in Photoshop.

There are some other attributes changeable in the .prj files such as:

DelayTime, detonate on impact, blast radius, damage through walls.

Off the top of my head and may sound hare-brained but food for thought. Haven't fiddled with this in ages.

Edited by wombat50

Change the value of frag.prj <VisualExplosionType>1</VisualExplosionType>

zero is no visual

one is regular grenade explosion

two is white explosion cloud which is much larger than regular frag explosion with small black debris particles(fist sized)

three is same as two

four is no visual

and for the hell of it...five is no visual

• Like 1

Does anyone know a force automatic fire AI mod, like the one included in Gunslingers Realism mod 3.5?

Heres the except from the read me....

"AI now uses Fully Automatic Weapons properly. Pre-mod they would use only
one shot mode 90% of the time. Now they will use fully auto unless they
are sniping or in Recon mode."

The .gun file can be edited leaving the weapon to fire only on automatic.

Delete:

<SelectiveOption RateOfFire = "600" RoundsPerPull = "1" StartSound = "w_ak47_ss.wav"/>

and leave:

<SelectiveOption RateOfFire = "600" IsFullAuto = "1" StartSound = "w_ak47_sf.wav" EndSound = "w_ak47_rc.wav"/>

Good candidates would be:

ak47, ak74, ak74gl aks74u, and rpk74 in the Origmiss/Equip folder.

In MP1 or 2 player versions of some of these weapons were added and it would probably not be a good idea to edit them.

• Like 1