R.A.T. 9 Gaming Mouse Review

So I received my 3rd-place modding competition prize yesterday -- the RAT 9 Gaming Mouse. After I regained consciousness following my reading of the instruction manual, features list, and interchangeable-parts map, I charged it up and tried it out.

I was thoroughly impressed.

I mean, seriously, a casual gamer like me would never dream of a mouse like this. A mouse is a mouse, right? Two click-y things, a scroll wheel, and a battery. Wrong, if you are using a RAT 9 Gaming Mouse, because this baby has a scroll wheel, a thumb wheel, LOTS of click-y things, and this awesome button called......drum rolls please........

The Precision Button.

Yes, by holding down this intimidating button, you can drop the sensitivity of your mouse while in-game, allowing you to make precise, slow, controlled, and deadly sniper shots even if your reticle is normally flying all over the place on the highest setting. To quote Sart, take a deep breath. I know it's a lot to handle all at once.

Even if it did NOTHING it would still be awesome because it is so sexy. I'm just sitting here staring at it in awe because it is so shiny and intimidating. I was almost scared to touch it when I opened the box because I thought it might bite my finger off.

So to sum it up, good job Rocky. You made me a happy sniper.

Yeah, awesome mouse.

I loved my R.A.T 9 until it stopped working after only having it just over a year. All the buttons were ok but the laser wouldn't work. I think it's demise was more to do with user abuse than any defect or quality issue.