Feedback re missions please?

franglen

Franks four missions

Could I get a bit of feedbac on the 4 missions Rocky posted for me please? I did those missions in 2006 for a friend and found them when checking archives of mods I have.

I have an idea for a campaign but if people think these missions are crappy then I won't bother.

The campaign would only involve original GR-DS-IT maps so nobody has to hunt for other mods. I wouldn't know where to start inserting them anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Frank

@ Tinker:QUOTE: I know what he means m8, but you know.. If people could at least link important info in the first post, saves many headaches

I thought it would be quite obvious what I was referring to Tinker. But apparently not to you.

First....... It was in the Ghost Recon Modding Forum.

Second...... I said 4 Missions.

Third........ I said I was considering making a Campaign. I did not say I had made a bloody campaign.

A person with common sense would know what I was talking about.

JohnTCO2 did.

Or do you just feel like putting crap on someone today?

It's the second time this week someone has put crap on me and I've had a gutful.

Just forget I ever posted.

Frank

It was hardly obvious. You and Rocky haven't made any development thread, no posts, or any other mention of this mod anywhere on the forum. You aren't going to do well around here if you insult experienced modders by saying they have no common sense. How do you expect us to know anything about your little addition to the download section? I'm not in the habit of searching for new mods when the author doesn't bother posting anything about them, save for a post asking for feedback on an unknown mission nobody has heard of or has a link to.

Edited by RileyFletcher_01

Just saw your post Franglen, and was really surprised. Tinker is one of the best modders in the GR world, if not the best. He's telling you kindly to include a download link, and it seems like you're taking it very personal. Stop it, edit your post with a link and it's done. It's not harder then that.

I was half-asleep when I wrote my last post, so I'll make my point a bit more clear.

I thought it would be quite obvious what I was referring to Tinker. But apparently not to you.

Or anyone else on the forum. The only reason I can think of for JohnTC02 knowing what you meant is that he is supernatural; otherwise I see no connection to Frank's Four Missions and a guy named franglen. Nobody thought it was obvious aside from yourself, because you didn't make any development threads, no posts about its release, no discussion whatsoever. And you expect us to know that you sent a private message to Rocky having him post them up? Sure, it says 'Frank's Four Missions' on the homepage about forty paragraphs down in small print on the sidebar under New Downloads, but I never go to the homepage. I just have a link to the forums where the action is. Even if I did see it, I wouldn't know you were 'Frank', because that is the name of the author in the download page.

Which is where people have their mods beta-tested.

Second...... I said 4 Missions.

What does that have to do with anything?

Third........ I said I was considering making a Campaign. I did not say I had made a bloody campaign.

He didn't ask for a "bloody campaign".

A person with common sense would know what I was talking about.

Anytime Tinker or I, or anyone, for that matter, sees a thread like this, talking about some missions a guy wants feedback/testing on, we assume it hasn't been released and that he just forgot to provide the link. Maybe one could say, "Anyone with common sense would know that you have people beta-test your missions BEFORE releasing them to the public", to use your own phrase. I can provide hundreds of links to prove my point.

Even if we SHOULD have known what you meant, you should still provide a link. People are lazy and they are less likely to help you out if they have to scan the entire download section to find your mod, rather than click a link you kindly provided.

JohnTCO2 did.

He's an admin. They can see things us normal people can't.

Or do you just feel like putting crap on someone today?

It's the second time this week someone has put crap on me and I've had a gutful.

I can't believe you think that

"I know what he means m8, but you know.. If people could at least link important info in the first post, saves many headaches."

that is crap. He has dealt with noobs, idiots, and know-it-all modders for his entire membership at GR.net. He dealt with every one of my stupid noob questions about uploading my mod, mod structures, mission crashes, and tons of other things, and he gave me answers similar to the one above. He isn't trying to be insulting, he's trying to make things easier on everyone.

Calm down and try to be a bit more respectful towards people who are trying to help you.

+1 to Riley's post, Tinker's just helping do little idiots like me figure out what missions these are exactly, it makes life a little quicker linking what you mean in your posts, it doesn't really warrant the harsh comment made here. certainly not to a staff member.

I wasn't even going to respond any more and this will definitely be the last time.

A big Thank you to John for your help. I hope I helped you a bit by getting some of those dead links cleared up and I hope I didn't annoy you sending you so many. At least people will be able to download them now and maybe there won't be so many derogatory remarks in the comments boxes. Bless you John.

I am trying to delete my regristration and will not be returning here again.

I will NOT be trying to make a campaign or any other mod for that matter.

@ Tinker...I did not even think about putting a link to the mod....That was an error on my part. I was just so excited to have my mods on the DLS because I did not think they were worthy. I thought the way you remarked was a bit over the top and that's why I responded the way I did. I apologize to you Tinker.

But Riley Fletcher wants to learn read and understand and to think before he himself decides to make insulting remarks. He knows zilch about the background and should learn to tape his typing fingers up before butting in where he is not wanted!

@ Riley Fletcher...Quote..."Anyone with common sense would know that you have people beta-test your missions BEFORE releasing them to the public",

For your information Mr Fletcher.... I emailed these missions to Rocky first and asked him to test them and see if they were worthy enough to be put on the DLS.

I did NOT make any referrence to Tinker's or anybody elses prowess as a modder. I have complimented the modders on these forums on more than one ocassion and complimented and given them praise for the excellent work they so get you facts straight!

Quote...

Which is where people have their mods beta-tested. According to you Mr Fletcher.

My error there... I should have said I posted it in the "GENERAL MOD TOPICS" Maybe you don't take much notice either Fletcher.

I have signed more than one of my posts "Frank" which you of all people should know because you seem to want to stick your beak in just about every post I've seen and in most of mine.

I was really starting to enjoy getting back into this game........ but after all this crap I am uninstalling it again and shoving the disk back in the drawer.

Goodbye and good luck

FRANK

I downloaded your missions and I was about to use some of my valuable free time to test them, but after that, I think I'll pass.

If you could please PM me some links to threads I've "butted into", that would be appreciated. I have a feeling the admins are not enjoying the direction this conversation has taken so don't bother posting in this topic again.

Edited by RileyFletcher_01