Cheaters vs. Non-cheaters

That could be lag/latency Tom, all players drop by the same amount of damage regardless of experiance. A player is cheating if that is not the case. However it could look like they are taking in more damage combining a number of attributes like skill, timing, server latency, weapon, position, etc.

Sid

Thanks Sid, I sorta understand what your saying. Of all the viewings of this forum, there are a lot of conversations about how to improve this game and keep it clean, just really trying to get folks fired up to talk.

What is your thought about the enemy coming into the spawn area and killing you immediately after spawning. You were on the other team when I was trapped in the spawn area the other night and had a record number of being killed. You did not participate in that, when your as good as you are, you don't need to stoop to that level. Also, I have tried to voice my objections on throwing granades into spawn areas. Doesn't anyone realize that this is a cheap way of getting higher kill counts? Take pride guys and gals...I have tried and I think have made some progress playing better without just using the m99,

To me, the spawn area is a very small area, it doen't take much movement to be out of that small area and subject to getting shot.

Your thoughts??? :yes:

Tom1935

What you describe sounds for the most part like cheating, but you have to be VERY careful with accusations. For example, I was accused of cheating only this week in a ingame-chat, but I've never cheated online once in my whole gaming career!

So it is best to concentrate on being the best you can, and ignore the cheaters, they just drag you down.

This says as much talk as GA Baby Monkey! The best of GRAW2 Cheater!

H_White

Would you explain the type of cheating your talking about? Explain, maybe someone can watch for this and try to influence those to stop. I have seen a more conscience group of players watching and reporting cheaters. We try very hard not to call someone out unless we know for certain. It would be terribele to accuse someone it they are just exhibiting a pretty high skill in playing.

Let me hear from you

Tom1935

Ahh, long time no see! (or rather talk!). I don't want to start arguing or insult you H_White but even if you are right you are (or at least have) cheated many times before. You're also the kind of person that gets angry easily. A while ago I used to play a lot of RvsA which you also played. Whenever your team lost you started accusing the other team for cheating and/or your own team for a bunch of noobs. Maybe you should try to be a better player yourself before accusing others! Beeing happy while playing also helps with your score, and it makes the game fun and not something you do to get the best scores to show off.

Tom, have you got a Facebook account? There is a GRAW2 group on Facebook created by Rico686. Over 100 members in the group at the moment. There also many people from a lot of different clans. We even started ''Challenge Weekend''. Which means that some weekends we set a time and date when everyone who wants to play can come to the PLG Challenge servers and play together. They've got a server with custom TDM maps, too. I've only been able to join them once since the pc I use for playing Graw2 is broken. It will probably get fixed in the end of the week though. I got a new mouse for gaming now, a very good one. So I'll see if I can get easier headshots now ;)

:o=

Star, I may check into the FB club...

H_White, to further Star's point, if you yell "cheat" enough times where there is no cheating, calling players cheat becomes meaningless. I also have a tendancy to call players "cheats" but I do not. I have turned in individuals who have cheated and they were booted, mainly, the admin. trusts me and knows I will not accuse anyone unless I am 100% sure.

I may suggest that someone may be cheating, for instance, "you sure are accurate with those long distance shots, I hope you are not using AIMBOT, are you?" :zorro:

I actually deleted my Fb account. Since I never really use it and I find it boring, lol. But if you'd like to talk to people outside the game it's the perfect place because there are so many members.

Back to the cheaters. Some people are a bit too good sometimes, might be a lucky shot, but if you can kill 5 players with 5 bullets on a far distance in a very short time, that's suspicious. And if you shoot somebody in the head or if you empty your whole mag on someone and he doesn't die, that's also suspicious. It can of course be lag but once in a while it happen me that I need more bullets to kill a specific player, maybe even the double. It would be nice if you could look in someone's pc just to see if there are any cheats or changes in the game files. I've heard about Teamviewer but I don't think people would want you to see their system. Also it wouldn't be a big problem for the cheaters if someone else checked their computer since it's easy to hide your files/folders so no one can see them.

I had a player last night run past me running sideways and without stopping, he nailed me with one shot. The size of the area where I could see him for that moment was looking between 2 rocks, not the full screen. Its my understanding, that no one can shot without stopping. I think any lag time involved would still show him stopping.

My earlier post questioned why some of the better players are harder to kill, notice I said "some", and its the same players... I do know some real good players that I see all the time and they die the same as anyone else. Their techniques are better than most, knowing when to move around and anticipating their enemy's moves, also, moving back and forth. I have a harder time killing them, but I can sometimes by holding the gun still and letting them come into my sights, but when I fire, they do go down.

Intereting huh?....

Tom1935

Tom,

I'm not sure what you are asking. What do you mean by "revision"? Which files are you trying to find? Do you mean that you are having troubles downloading new coop missions and placing them in your "custom_levels" folder?

Rahn

I guess I should have said "version", when playing multiplayer and selecting a coop game, is says I don't have the correct version. Where can I find the specific version they are asking for? I know how to put the missions in my "custon_levels" folder, just need to get my hands on the version they are ask for in multiplayer.

Tom

Hi Tom,

All the latest versions of coop missions are in our downloads section here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=category&id=54

If you are looking for TvT maps:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=category&id=52

Chances are if it isn't there then they are using some mod or cheat you don't have.

Hope that helps,

John

Hi Tom,

Yes you can but I wouldn't guarantee a perfect match as not all download entries have version numbers.

What I would do is click the "Search" button then in the Query field type in the name of the map you are looking for, you will then see a list of download entries that match your search.

:thumbsup:

John

John,

Wanted to let you know that I have been successful downloading and running most of the missions, there are a few that still show wrong version. No Problem, I have plenty to play with now, and I haven't even started downloading those listed when running graw2. :whistle:

Thanks for your help, I know this subject is not in the right location and you may want to move it ...

Thanks

Tom1935

• 4 weeks later...

My game has almost stopped improving, mainly because of the immediate shooting of me by others, I'm not talking about m99 either. I know I still need to improve my technique, but I don't think I will ever overcome the main problem I complain about. Using "lag" as an excuse is to me just that, an excuse to cheat. Who does the "lag" benefit? Me or them? It seems to me that a "lag" makes things appear delayed from normal. I had someone use the excuse "it was lag" when I complimented that he ran past me and shot me without hesitation, while still running. Seems a lag should have shown up showing him stopping briefly, then moving on delayed, not take away the stopping?

The cool thing to say is "just saying!!!!" :devil:

What to you think"

Tom1935

Edited by tom1935

Playing on desktop and laptop has a big difference, for example I'm playing on Laptop myself and if someone in front of me starts shooting they still show up as running towards me and shooting at the same time. And saying it's lagg is not an excuse , it's an advantage for desktop players over laptop players.

I use a desktop. I had someone in a store tell me one time that a smaller monitor was better than a big screen. Small, like 15"...I am using a 32" 1080p 120hz with fast access time, me laggin in games should not be a problem, I very seldom see lag on my part, seems I have a good dsl connect also. He said the smaller screen puts everything packed together and can find and shoot people faster.

I doubt very many people play fast moving games on laptops. What do you think?

Tom1935

I play on a laptop with a 15,6" screen and I can play very good. The specs are: AMD Athlon Dual Core (2 cores) M340 2,2GHz. Radeon Mobility Graphic HD 4650 Series 1024MB. 4GB of DDR3 RAM (not sure what MHz since it wont tell me that) plus that my internet connection is 100/10Mbps and never loses connection (so it's a very stable connection).

I never really lag (only when the server/players have too high pings), and I see people say it was lag as an excuse everyday.

There can be lags such as I shoot someone in the head but he don't die at the moment I shoot him, so he dies in maybe 10-20 seconds instead.

BUT there are people using ''lag'' as an excuse when you can't kill them. For example I shoot someone, he wont die (or I need extra bullets to kill him). Then they complain about the lag and funny part is that the server, and the players have good pings most of the time and the ''lag'' only seem to happen to them. So I can kill pretty much everyone else very easy but one specific person is impossible. And I don't believe it's "lag".

By the way, Tom, at what time do you usually play?