MoH: Medal of Honor MP beta test

Just found this over at gamershell...

Medal of Honor is now recruiting players for a massive global multiplayer beta test that starts on June 21 - players will be granted early access to two action-packed maps.

Downloadable Client: Medal of Honor Multiplayer Closed Beta Client - Demo Movie Patch Download Section - GamersHell.com

Well, according to gamershell, they reported @ 23:37 June 17th, 2010 ...Two days ago, Electronic Arts announced that Medal of Honor is now recruiting players for a massive global multiplayer beta test that starts on June 21 - players will be granted early access to two action-packed maps.

EA also announced that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 VIPs, who have pre-ordered Medal of Honor, will be able to enter the multiplayer beta even earlier; starting June 17. Once you have a beta key, visit the BETA KEY REDEMPTION PORTAL to redeem it for a code for the platform of your choice - the PC closed beta client is now locally mirrored. Medal of Honor launches on October 12, 2010 in North America and on October 15 across Europe.

Over at the medal of honor beta key redemption portal EA have reported ..We are overwhelmed, honored, and humbled by the massive amount of interest everyone has displayed in participating in Medal of Honor's beta. Unleashing that enthusiasm is putting our Beta Key Redemption Website to the test, but we're continuing to work around the clock fixing the issues; please know that we will do our best to get everyone access as soon as possible.

It looks like you have to make an EA account?.

The massive global multiplayer beta test that starts on June 21, it's going to be tight to get in maybe?, i got a beta key from one of the DICE devs for Bad Company 2 for free but you had to be quick on the ball. maybe this coming monday is the time to act quick to get a key, if anyone really wants to get in on the moh mp beta test?.

preordering MOH.

If you have a local near video game reatil store/shop you can pre-order from there, i often do without obligation to buy. I read just recentley someone went down to GAME retail shop and asked for redeem codes for MOH beta and they gave away several to one individual for free, could be a load of tosh but worth a shot if a video game shop is near to you. Watching the gameplay of the mp moh beta is like watching Bad Company 2 really, i know the mp is developed by DICE, but anyway check out the youtube vid i posted of the gameplay?, it's console gameplay but it'll be the same as PC i guess?.

I played the beta last night for a couple of hours and can say it did not feel like BC2 to me. From videos I had seen I expected a cut-paste of BC2 MP but it wasn't. It really doesn't feel like any Battlefield game at all. Visually an auditory there may be some similarities, but they end there.

I played the beta last night for a couple of hours and can say it did not feel like BC2 to me. From videos I had seen I expected a cut-paste of BC2 MP but it wasn't. It really doesn't feel like any Battlefield game at all. Visually an auditory there may be some similarities, but they end there.

I guess the similarity's are because DICE are working on the mp part of the game, which is cool! (pardon the pun for frostbite) (EALA uses a heavily-modified Unreal Engine 3 for Medal of Honor SP).

I'm going to try to get in on the action (if i can bag me a beta key?).

Some titbits about the beta...

weapons:

• Insurgents
  • Rifleman (AK-47)
  • Sniper (SVD)
  • Special Ops (AKS74U)
  • Coalition
  • Rifleman (M16)
  • Sniper (M21)
  • Special Ops (M4 CQC)

Additional useable weapons are the default ones: pistol, grenade launcher, AT, C4, knife and hand grenades/smoke grenades.

Modes:

Combat Mission:

Combat Mission is an objective based game mode where Coalition forces are tasked to clear five consecutive objectives and the Insurgents must stop them from progressing.

Team Assault:

Team Assault is a Team Deathmatch mode where two sides struggle to reach a preset amount of points to win.

Maps:

Kabul City Ruins.

Helmand Valley.

MP Beta starts june 21st unless you got V.I.P BC2 for early ops.

Played it several times, its a nice change of pace.

Are you playing the PC beta?. Watching the console versions video gameplay it looks fast and frantic run and gun (not that it bothers me for this type of game). But like Parabellum mentioned, it's a pre-order to get access to play so i'll probably give it a bash later in the year.

Are you playing the PC beta?. Watching the console versions video gameplay it looks fast and frantic run and gun

So did Bad Company 2 in the previews. It's much better in hardcore mode. Hopefully MOH will have something similar.

So did Bad Company 2 in the previews. It's much better in hardcore mode. Hopefully MOH will have something similar.

I guess it depends what crowd you get to play with?. But i mean with regards to the general feel/look of the game, look at how fast you can change your weapons in this awesome vid

• 3 weeks later...

I presumed the client and key is all you need?. I didn't aquire a key yet (too busy to play) but i thought you only had to install the client/beta then when prompted install the key code?. But, is the beta over with soon?.