Camp Juarez

Camp Juarez v1 is now ready for beta testing.

First off I would like to thank Rahn once again for the time he spent testing the alpha versions.

The mission is scripted on SG.NLY Papo's map Industry Revolution so thanks goes to him for it's use.

I had a lot of lag issues with this map as it is quite large, as a large portion of the map is not used I have removed all the buildings that is outside of the playable area, I have also made a new texture scope file so this should reduce the amount of textures being loaded.

The mission has 9 objectives and 447 AI, there are spawn points you can activate if you complete "Adat D" and the "Fuel Refinery", plus there are more when you head for extraction.

There are 6 panhards 2 havocs and 3 tanks (one of which is static) in the mission.

I hope you like the mission and thanks for testing,

John

Download:

Camp Juarez v1.

Ah, I was wondering when the next beta maps was coming out. :hmm: It was kinda quiet around here. -_- The only sound I could hear were those of crickets!!! :lol:

Sounds great John. We will try to play it tonight if possible. However I think it may be more like Friday!!

Thanks!!!

Hi mate.

Yeah Viper is right... was a lil bit quiet around beta maps last time. ^^

Just added 3 new "ready for public" maps... @ one day. Incredible.

You guys are cracks.

The mission 03 landscape is nice but laggs a lot in RvsA and other coop maps.

Looking forward to a better working version with mean enemy positions.

Feel free to join our WARZONE.

Votes are enabled to change map

Kind Regards

Ares :thumbsup:

We got to play this little gem today. As the client, I enjoyed the level throughout, but the server reported what appeared to be the "server advantage" phenomena: that is, for him it was like shooting rats in a barrel.

As per usual for this phenomena, it got better as the level went on, so by the time we were down to the last two objectives, both of us were having plenty of fun. We did not have any crashes.

The ending was wonderful and very intense. We finished the game totally amped and grinning ear to ear, having completed yet another deeply satisfying Ghost Session!

Hey John,

Well, we've played the map a few times now. The only lag issue we had was at trigger 01, but this is only when the 1st tank is still alive. We found that if we trip 01 with the tank down then we have no lag issues there either. We also think you should have another spawn area around the ADAT on the far left (by the "missile" objective"). I have taken that way several times and if I die near the missile and the courtyard I have to run "all the way" back from the original spawn. 42 year old legs don't like to run that far :D . Other than that we had no issues. The heli's helped the final push considerably. Nice mission!

Cheers,

Rahn

John,

I agree with Rahnman on the extra spawn point, however we did not experience an issue with lag. As a matter of fact it was all quite well.

Here is a couple of things we noticed during testing:

• Tank next to Hemmet and armor was not patrolling. Not sure if this was intentional? :hmm:
  • Same tank: we had an issue that the green marker would disappear for about 30 sec but then came back. Strange glitch. Everyone noticed this. :hmm:

Only two potential issues. We actually commented how you guys are getting really great in coding that these maps are coming out to the point where they are just about ready for release!! Great job!! :thumbsup:

Suggestions:

• Because this is an urban map it needs more snipers on rooftops and windows. This reminds me of the German & Russian war in Stalingrad. The Russians developed the tactic to seclude snipers in building in shadows. So the more you can place the better... :snipe:
  • Not because we have been spoiled with the newer maps with large amount of AI, but this map is HUGE!! With that we could use a lot more AI! When you have several people on the server the map goes quite fast. We ended up splitting up into two groups. One went left and the other went right. With that strategy it went rather quickly.:charge:
  • Would like to see more vehicles during the quarter and three quarters of the map on both the left and right sides of the map. Not necesarily Havocs, but panhards and pickups. Can the pick ups do drive by shootings?? That would be interesting. :o=
  • Maybe some troop choppers (3) in the distance at the beginning of the map (2 diagonally left and right and 1 center). Not close to the beginning because the troops are easily shot off the ropes and the chopper can be destroyed with a 203 in the rear. This would be more for effect that your in for a firefight the further you move on!! have the choppers come in about 10-15 seconds apart.

Loved the ending. I am glad to see that my request from the past was realized. It would only be logical that after you destroyed the enemies infrastructure that they would throw the kitchen sink at you when you were trying to extract!!! This was most excellent!! :clapping:

You guys are doing an awesome job!!!! Man, I love this game!!!! w00t

Thanks for testing,

Tank next to Hemmet and armor was not patrolling. Not sure if this was intentional?

Yes, that tank is meant to be static, as the objective is to destroy the armour what I was trying to do here is make it a depot where the Rebels have stored their armour so the Ghosts will need to destroy them to stop the Rebels from using them against you. You may have noticed that the tank did not use it's big gun only the machine gun is operational.

Same tank: we had an issue that the green marker would disappear for about 30 sec but then came back. Strange glitch. Everyone noticed this.

At the start of the mission there is only one waypoint marker to tell you where the "Armour" is, when you get near that objective there is a player trigger which will then activate the waypoints for the tank and the hemtt, if you leave the area then the waypoints will disappear.

When you destroy one of the vehicles that waypoint will go and not return, once you have destroyed both vehicles then that objective will be complete and all waypoint markers should be gone.

Because this is an urban map it needs more snipers on rooftops and windows....

....With that we could use a lot more AI! When you have several people on the server the map goes quite fast....

I knew this was coming (isn't 447 AI enough) :P , when testing the map I had some lag on certain parts of the map, it was mainly on the right side looking from the initial spawn (near the "Armour" objective) for this reason I didn't want to have to many AI on the map as it's sure to cause some lag for people with lower spec pc's.

It should be possible to add more snipers though, this might make your progress a bit slower. I will see what I can do.

Again adding some troop transporters and more vehicles will just increase the chances of lag, I had to split the first few triggers as it is, the first alpha version was almost unplayable with a frame rate of around 15 before I changed the triggers to split up the AI into smaller groups. :wall:

As you say this map is "huge" so I had to remove a large amount of buildings/props from the map to get it where it is now so please don't make me spoil it again!! :D

Oh yeh, nearly forgot, I will add an extra spawn location near the Adat by the missile.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

John

First, let me say congrats to you, John. I just noticed your new bright shiney "STAFF" icon. Now that you have more responsibilities, will you still have time for us underlings?

I was finishing up on RAT, so I was not able to join the guys on the Barking Spider last night, but will have an opportunity during tonights beta test.

Thanks for the "congrats" Bogie, if truth be told without you "underlings" (your words not mine :P ) none of the Staff here would be where they are today as we all need your continued support and the massive contribution you give to the site.

So I say thanks to you and people like you who give up their free time to support Ghost Recon.net! :thumbsup:

Right, better get back on topic or I will loose my job, :D

I know how hard it is for mission scripter's to test each others maps as we spend most of our spare time making our own missions, so if you do get a chance to test it then I look forward to hearing your findings.

Cheers,

John

Ok, v1.1 is now ready for testing.

Changes to this version:

1. Added a new spawn location at Adat B near the missile, the only way I could do this was to have players destroy Adat B before the spawn point became active. Don't forget there is another spawn if you complete the Fuel Refinery objective which is also quite close to the missile.

2. Added 20 extra snipers around the map.

3. Added three troop transporters. I did try and have them appear at the start of the mission as Viper requested but as this map is quite built up they were not visible so it seemed a bit pointless having them there so I have triggered them later in the mission, I won't tell you where so you will have to find them yourself. :D

I hope the extra vehicles don't add to much lag, if this is the case I might need to remove some of the new additions.

I hope some of you can find the time to test the mission again.

Thanks,

John

Link:

Camp Juarez v1.1.

John,

We tested this map a couple of nights ago. It was perfect!! The added choppers were great. It added a nice movie effect to the map. They were in the distance, dropped off the AI and flew away. It just showed that more reinforcements were flown in and you have to watch out.

The added snipers everywhere were great. This is definitely and urban map and how it would be played. We had little to no lag. We are going to try it once more again tonight, but so far it seems golden!!!

Great job!!!!

I agree with Viper, we had 4 players on the Barking Spider and it took us just over an hour to complete. Different map than last time we played with 10 people and we were able to see pretty much all of the map. With 4 players, the AI were very manageable and it seemed to be the right amount playing with the standard weapons.

Incidentially, if you wanted to add the additional RvsA that were in Harry Lee or RAT, just let me know.

The additional spawn point was perfectly placed and I really like the Dav Doors in the underground bunker. Snipers were hidden very well in appropriate locations.

The extraction with the Abrams, Havoc and storming AI is just superb!

If you have another beta version, post it within the next 6 hours as we are going to be beta testing again tonight.

Thanks,

Bogie

Thanks for testing Viper, pleased you like the choppers and the extra snipers plus it was good to hear the new additions didn't seem to cause anymore lag.

Hi Bogie, first off it's my turn to congratulate you on your promotion to Consultant, defiantly well deserved. :thumbsup:

I don't have another beta as yet, I'm just waiting to see if anymore issues arise, judging by yours and Vipers report I think this is almost ready for release.

I will wait for a few more days and if there's no more problems reported I may as well get it released, my next mission is progressing but it's a bit slow going at the moment so I hope to have a new one for you soon.

Thanks all,

John

Hi Viper,

Thanks for testing the mission once more. :thumbsup:

Like you I think this is ready for release, as I have been under the weather for the past week suffering from constant migraine's I haven't had the chance to do much to my missions.

Once I am feeling better I will get this released and get back to my next mission which is getting near the alpha testing phase.

John

I don't understand... <Gen_Keating>Suck it up and release your mission, soldier, AND I MEAN NOW!!!</Gen_Keating>

YES SIR!!! RIGHT AWAY SIR!!! :P

Sorry sir, you know how us brits just go to pieces when we aren't well. :lol:

Anyway, we best keep this on topic or Rocky will be after us.