The game stutters and jitters

Nightmist

Hello,

I decided to re-install [GR] after realising there will probably never be released a new game of the same tactical nature anytime soon. But, I have updated my 3D card since last time I played it (which would be for the better I assumed) - from a 7-series to a 8-series GeForce, namely a 8800GT.

The problems were apparent already in the main menu. The mouse point stuttered every 2-3 seconds. When I start the game itself up, the problem persists - every 2-3 seconds the framerat drops dramatically for a split second, causing the game to stutter. It's mostly unplayable, but if I rely on the AI to do most of the work, it works somehow (yes, I'm that desperate to play this game...), and I finished a couple of mission.

I tried Raven Shield as well, and EXACTLY the same problem rears its ugly head there. I read somewhere that disabling "UseHardwareTL" in the .ini would fix it, but no dice. Same stuttering. I assume both games run on the Unreal engine, so I guess there is where the problem lies - running the engine on XP with a 8800 GT.

Is anyone else having the same problem with their 8800 card? Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Thanks!

Not sure what your problem is, but I just want to note that I run XP with an 8800GT and have not had any issues with GR1 or Raven Shield. Had the card for over about a year now and always update my drivers, as said, have never encountered such an issue.

:unsure:

I had this happen when I tried running the GR Demo. Was this install with Desert Siege and Island Thunder? I would almost bet this is the probllem and why I dont know but like i said. I tried the demo here a month or so ago (Guys on Game Ranger play the demo alot) and I had that EXACT same problem. Also crank the nvidia control panel 3d settings from performance to quality as well and see if that helps. Worked for me on my RVS when it had the shakes as well.

It appears all my games were suffering from the same problem, which lead me to look at other things than drivers. I disabled quiter a few processes, and now it seems to be running nicely. Now I only need to find out which process it was.

Is there a software I can download that give me complete control of every process that starts up automatically? Windows Defender apparently doesn't catch all of them.

Thanks.

Processes use memory...by any chance would you be using OCZ ram? If so Some motherboards set this at 1.8votls when reality is it should be at 2.01v you will not even know untill playing a high taxing game.

I had the same problem playing ArmA and stumbled apon this(voltage) and boom it fixed it.