Ruin's Birthday Week

Ruin

So my Birthday was on Monday. I'm now 21, and legally able to do everything (but rent a car in some cases... go figure) in the USA. Yay... My plan... Asked for the day off from work. Got it. Score. Go down to the Sheriff's Office and buy my Pistol Purchase Permits (old NC Jim Crowe Law). Go to the gun shop, buy my Glock. Go to the pawn shop, and see what else was there. Go to Mall-Wart and get some bargain bin ammo and targets. Spend a few hours at the range trying any new toy(s) and rezero the new scope on the .22lr. Finish, pound my chest, grunt something about "I am Man, hear me Roar!" go home, and go to a local bar with a huge selection of beer, sit my butt there until I was too drunk to move, and make the roomie bring me home.

Negative. Uncle Sam has bigger plans. Instead, I'm doing paperwork for deployment in Charlotte. Instead, I end up at a couple bars over a 3 day period (ending last night) and having a ton of fun. Met some cool people, beautiful girls, drank some good beer, and had fun. But, once I got home today... oh boy, the wallet is hurting. Look what followed me home. :devil:

*You can view larger pics on the Flickr page.

2786203486_96e121bdea.jpg

2785351383_4bfd02e117.jpg

2785347259_a6aa29a09e.jpg

Here's the best part. Both guns, with 20 rounds of TAP Hornaday, and 50 rounds of American Eagle cost me... Ready? $913 out the door. Tax, tag, title... everything. Paid $514 for the Glock and TAP, and $399 for the Beretta. I saw the finish on it, checked the bore, field stripped it in the shop, saw little dirt (not to GI spec, but not bad) and saw the original price of $500. Wheeling and dealing, along with a military ID got me that nice low price. Same with the Glock, military discount, brand spanking new. This is NOT the Glock LEO deal for an even better $398. The nearest guy who can do that is about 3 hours away.

Anyway... it gets even better. "But Ruin, how can it get better? Beer, women, guns... what's next? Cars?" "Yes my friend... exactly."

sharpie-500-2008-3499.jpg

Look for me on TV Nascar fans... because Ruin is going to the sold out Sharpie 500! I've been to the Daytona 500 (twice), Talladega and Brickyard... but I've always wanted to go to Bristol. Here I go.

Well, I had to brag share. I'm excited. It's been the best birthday I've had in a VERY long time. Part of that has to do with the generosity of tourists and the perks of being a good waiter.

So yeah... I'm bragging.

:D

For those playing the home game... and who care (While I'm at it)...

The collection now involves...

One complete AR-15, one complete lower, one stripped lower, Two Remington 870 12ga shotguns, an Argentine Sistema Colt 1911 .45, a S&W 41Mag revolver, Glock 19, Beretta 92FS, Ruger 10/22, a Harrington single shot 12ga, and a blackpowder Spanish revolver. Not bad for just turning 21. :)

oh man, If you've never been to Bristol, you're in for an experience. Make sure you go along with the crowd and wave your favorite driver to "PASS'EM! PASS'EM!" as they go by, lol.

Got back from Bristol about 3AM this morning. Unfortunately, yesterday morning I came down with a head-cold, so I'm pretty miserable right now. But, I dealt with it yesterday. It was worth it. Great race, time flew, and had a blast.

Here are the pics:

n59701712_30807730_6374.jpg

Sharpie 500 - Pre-Race

Sharpie 500 - Night Race

I definitely plan on doing this again, once Uncle Sam decides I can come home and stay home.

Next time:

Bring shade - a tent over the ass of the pickup would have been a good idea.

Bring something to sleep on. After getting up at 6AM with little sleep, it would have been nice to crash for an hour or so and not roast in the sun.

Bring small[/] coolers. We brought plenty of booze, but I didn't grab a cooler, so I kept having to jump to the section next to me, and a few rows back to get beer.

Buy Tickets in Advance if you can - It's cheaper and you can pick your seats.

Bring Water - Beer is good, but it was hot in the sun.

Bring plenty of cash - ATM fees were $4.75!

Wear Hearing Protection! It's ######ing loud!

Again, loads of fun, and look forward to the next one.

To finish off my birthday week I need to see what surprise my girlfriend has for me, and then I need to go shooting.

Best. Birthday. Evar!

Que?

Thanks Don! Speaking about the girlfriend? She's at school and working most of the time. With Pre-Mob coming up, me trying to move in, work, and other things of life, we don't see as much of each other as we have been.

Whisper, working on it now.

CPL, Thanks man. I'm not too worried about it. There's a very slight blur on all those pics, (low ligh, long distance) so I'm not too worried about it right now. If I was in the business... absolutely. But, like you said, Facebook keeps things small. :) I really enjoyed taking pics. People sitting around me would nudge me and point when something was happening. Very cool.

Que?

Thanks Don! Speaking about the girlfriend? She's at school and working most of the time. With Pre-Mob coming up, me trying to move in, work, and other things of life, we don't see as much of each other as we have been.

You're a very perceptive man, Cam. You continue to be safe out there, my friend.