Future Crytek titles will be multi-platform, no more PC exclusives

Fletch

I don't get it, I saw Crysis in the top 10 for many weeks, what are they complaining about?

Also, how many of the people who pirate the game would buy it if it wasn't cracked? All developers/publishers think that 'piracy figures'='lost sales'. That's not true.

Edited by Malleus

I don't get it, I saw Crysis in the top 10 for many weeks, what are they complaining about?

Also, how many of the people who pirate the game would buy it if it wasn't cracked? All developers/publishers think that 'piracy figures'='lost sales'. That's not true.

Yes, Cryteck + ID = wrong.

Compare COD4 sales compared to Crysis sales, and then tell me it doesn't matter.

I did try and find the sales amt for Crysis but didn't find it.

Edit: http://thegamingsource.blogspot.com/2008/0...ion-over-1.html

Friday, February 1, 2008

Crysis Sale Exceed Expection, Over 1 Million Copies Has Been Sold!

Just under 87,000 copies of Crysis were sold in the United States in the month of November, excluding online sales. During the game's release it was the second best selling PC game in Japan as well as the best selling game across all platforms in Germany. The game appreciated similar sales throughout Europe. During EAs Q3 2008 Earnings Conference Call it was stated that Crysis had sold over 1 million copies worldwide in the course of about two and a half months.

After listening to the Q3 2008 Electronic Arts Earnings Conference Call we have learned that Crysis has been a strong performer with sales having exceeded expectations. EA also reported Crysis reaching the platinum mark meaning over 1 million copies of the game have been sold worldwide....

Investor.EA.com

Looking at this I'd say they are looking at the console market and wanted/needed an excuse to move in that direction.

Edited by Fletch

People keep saying this, and it's true that they may not have bought it if they couldn't get it for free. But, that's hypothetcial.

What is fact, is that everyone who does have it for free...has it! So that counts as a sale of $0, but it also counts as a unit that should have been paid for. Whether or not the person plays that game doesn't matter, they still have it! Why they have it doesn't matter either.

OK, I've rewritten this post maybe ten times now, and every time the language gets harsher as I get more frustrated at this whole subject.

So I'm going to make an assumption:

Cevat Yerli is either misrepresented in these interviews or he's having a bad day as communicator.

Because if what he's saying is to be taken at face value then he's just making an ass of himself. And since he's otherwise appeared to be both intelligent and not full of hot air and poor excuses, I'm going to assume that this is just a big misunderstanding.

EDIT: Same goes or ID Software et. al. who said something similar. And just to be clear: I ######' hate pirates mooching off the hard work of developers and us paying customers as much as any.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Edited by krise madsen