wow, [Xbox 360] GRAW2 still owns

hwangeruk

I have been playng C&C, FIFA, COD4 lately. (Haven't played GRAW for a year or more probably).

My kids came over, and my 8 year old started the campaign form scratch. (Which was a distant memory for me)

GRAW2 is still an awesome experience. The bullet trails, the "clean" textures, the lighting. The gun sound effects.

I'm gonna pick up the re-release with all the downloads, as I let my son take my original copy home with him.

Amazing game. It's a shame the re-release probably won't give it its sales numbers it deserves to where it sits in relation to other games like Gears of War and COD4.

It deserves greater recognition. I pray they make another game. And I'd really like FPS creators to ship games with more maps.

COD4 doesn't have enough maps for my liking.

Edited by hwangeruk

I have been playing the COD4 since its release and became increasingly bored with it over the last month, even the new maps couldn't save it! RSV2 took its place for a few days but again no holder for me....

then I saw GRAW2 tucked away on the shelf.... 2gbs worth of maps later and wow! it's the nuts, the map design, playability and graphics are nothing short of amazing, I hope the re-packaged game brings people to their senses and back on to GRAW where skills matter!

If by skills you mean third personing behind a rock and then jumping out spraying with your MRC when an unsuspecting enemy comes close then you are right, GRAW2 needs skills.

I mean: COD4 where its a shoot-em-up, bullet, grenade, abuse people in the lobby fest as opposed to a tactical 'talk to your team' game! :thumbsup:

If by skills you mean third personing behind a rock and then jumping out spraying with your MRC when an unsuspecting enemy comes close then you are right, GRAW2 needs skills.

I mean: COD4 where its a shoot-em-up, bullet, grenade, abuse people in the lobby fest as opposed to a tactical 'talk to your team' game! :thumbsup:

I agree that GRAW 2 can be tactical if you get the right gametype and a bunch of similar minded players but most of the gametypes and certain gameplay elements severely hamper the tactical elements of the gameplay and revert GRAW 2 back to a extremely defensive, camping, short range shooter with unrealistic gun characteristics. But hey thats just my opinion.

I agree that GRAW 2 can be tactical if you get the right gametype and a bunch of similar minded players but most of the gametypes and certain gameplay elements severely hamper the tactical elements of the gameplay and revert GRAW 2 back to a extremely defensive, camping, short range shooter with unrealistic gun characteristics. But hey thats just my opinion.

ahhhhh you spoilt it now

TBH I could play in rooms witha few people i know that only play good maps but most of my friends who were all GR nuts have left GRAW 2 for COD4. And I stick with the people I have been playing with for years. Its a real shame really as the co-op collection is top notch.