Graw 2 and Graw 1

I went back the other day to play Graw 1 just to see how it was; well I have to say I played in campaign mode from start to finish. And to tell you the truth it was a more entertaining time then with graw 2 ubisoft should heed whats on the wind.

Edited by Tokugawa

I went back the other day to play Graw 1 just to see how it was well I have to say I played in campaignde from start to finish. And to tell you the truth it was a more entertaining time then with graw 2 ubisoft should heed whats on the wind.

As far as the SP goes; I can't say, didn't finish either of em

As far as the MP - GRAW1 owned GRAW2 imo because of 2 things -> custom kits & easy serveradmin to remove weapons like the GL/Frags/etc...

As far as the MP maps go... I haven't played [GR] but I think If there was to be a combo-map-pack of all the MP maps of [GR], GR:AW1 & GR:AW2 combined; the community would be at least twice as big as it is today imo.

If I could mix [GR], GR:AW1 & GR:AW2: I'd go for all the MP maps (like i mentioned above) w/ the GR:AW 1 MP kits (custom kits) & the gameplay of GR:AW2 (as i personally feel the release of GR:AW 2 was less buggy then the release of GR:AW 1; then again I have no clue what the release of [GR] was like)

my 2 cents

Edited by C9.Constantine

IMO there are only a handfull of things that were improved over GRAW in GRAW2. Some at the cost of very good things.

Server admin and hosting tanked in GRAW2. The only things improved that I can think of right off are being able to define a port number for the DS to easily host multiple servers, auto-screenshots, ability to change gamemodes without reloading the server. You might be able to say stability is a bit improved as well. However you lost MOTD in both the loading and ingame info screen, changing server settings and reloading from the console, server-side weapon restrictions, autodownload.

Server browser lost player information in servers. Nothing was gained that I can think of.

Coop game type gained multiple objectives. It lost squads, spawn on leader, weapon selection.

Adversarial gained Recon vs Assault but lost Domination. It lost weapon selection (could be good or bad depeding on your view point).

I don't play campaign, but the last I heard it was broken and didn't really work. Granted I may be wrong here, but I remember people complaining about having much more problems than with GRAW1.

Over all, they lost more than they gained IMO because of revamps to the engine and redesign of the multiplayer design (one design for ALL gametypes Adver and COOP). The mod system and restriction system is more difficult, confusing, and restrictive to the player than helpful or improved. Mostly I believe they had good intentions, but made the wrong design decisions on features and their implementation. The removed alot of good things hoping the one design for all MP game modes would make up for the losses and clearly for many people have have not. Too bad really, but you know as they say hind sight is 20/20. But now, according to some, GRIN will not be making another GRAW game. Who knows who will - probably RSE (not the same RSE that made GR and R6 and RS) but the one that works for UBI and cranked out the wonderfully successful and polished title R6: Lockdown.