skin request ~ marpat

Why?

GRAW2 already contains 16 different camo templates that asfar as I know is just an xml edit away from being used on you and your team.

Here's a pics of the swatches that are in there:

texture-templates-thmb.jpg

And asfar as I can figure out, mind you I haven't tested it, all you ought to have to do to swap between the camo's is to edit the /objects/beings/ghost_team/materials.xml file

The line I suspect would do the trick is this one.

<self_illumination_texture file="camo_ACU_test_xy_df"/>

To find out what the naming for the rest of the swatches is just open the /textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/ and take your pick.

Been meaning to test this for a few days now but just haven't had the time to do so....so if I'm wrong I apologize in advance.

Snow

Edit: Crap :wall: Disregard the above as the .xml edit did nothing. I'll investigate further though right now.

True...there's no MARPAT in there.

But I've found an easy way of getting it in for SP...and no real skill involved either.

camo-thmb.jpg

On my system all team members now use the M90 camo....accidentially the camo I wore throughout my service. :yes:

And all I did was an ugly hack of replacing the /textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo02/camo_acu_test_xy_df.dds with the /textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo14/camo_m90_xy_df.dds file and rename it to the earlier camo_acu_test_xy_df.dds filename.

So to get a MARPAT camo just make up a 512x512 (or hell if you want it highres just go 1024x1024) swatch of MARPAT.

Create the /textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo02/ folder in your /local/english folder and save your new swatch as camo_acu_test_xy_df.dds

Presto....done!

• 2 months later...

And I hate to be a jerk but I think those are Hatch gloves. I'm almost positive I saw something in the credits thanking Hatch and they do make shooting gloves. So does Oakley but they just started making em and it's only one model last I checked. Hatch has numerous gloves. Anyways, you gotta remember there's not just one pattern for MARPAT. There's woodland, desert, and urban. I like desert best since there's a lot of desert and dirty places in juarez. But I'm sticking with the ACU since that's what I like best.

• 2 weeks later...