Individual Character Skinning

I was wondering if it's possible to skin an individual team member like Beasley or Hume cause I like playing as Beasley in Online Campaign COOP and I was wondering if it's possible to customize his shoes and if it's easy. I've never even tried modding cause I'm not much of an artist. Reason I'd like a mod for just Beasley's shoes customized is cause I've seen Army SF wearing Merrell Sawtooth boots in a documentary of them in Afghanistan. Anyways, here's a link to those boots if someone's up to doing it: http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Mens-Sawtooth/dp/B000BXW5O0

I was wondering if it's possible to skin an individual team member like Beasley or Hume cause I like playing as Beasley in Online Campaign COOP[..]

It is possible (just have a look at my signature, that's me on the Hume model)! ;) Edited by Vth_F_Smith

Very nice work man. Is it easier to do this than weapons modding? If so could someone post a tutorial with what I need to do it and how to do it? Cause I wanna give Beasley Merrell Sawtooth boots because I'm gettin me a pair soon and that's who I play as. I don't wanna have to download the demos cause I heard they cause problems. Anyways, that's it.

So we can't just change one person's uniform? It has to be all of em or none at all?

No. You can change just one persons uniform. It's always possible as you have full control over which model is used for which character. Will require some real modding though. Not just a skin edit. So I would go with just giving all the ghost new boots.

Yes you can do it of course, but it's more tricky since it's set up the way it is.

What you then do is that you create a clone of ghost_team.xml, call it ghost_team_sawtooth.xml where you change the pointer to materails.xml to a new materials_sawtooth.xml, in that file you exchange all the references of camo_newghost_df to your new camo_newghost_sawtooth_df and then finally you point brown's unit towards the ghost_team_sawtooth instead of ghost_team.

Yes you can do it of course, but it's more tricky since it's set up the way it is.

What you then do is that you create a clone of ghost_team.xml, call it ghost_team_sawtooth.xml where you change the pointer to materails.xml to a new materials_sawtooth.xml, in that file you exchange all the references of camo_newghost_df to your new camo_newghost_sawtooth_df and then finally you point brown's unit towards the ghost_team_sawtooth instead of ghost_team.

Yes. what I said. Some real modding. Not just editing a texture. ;)

yeah well i just don't have the time for modding. gonna start back at college again pretty soon, might be my friend's best man sometime late this year or early next year, and I just got into hiking so I'll probably be doing that with whatever spare time I have. Two toughest classes are gonna take up most of my time. It's an English class(love those 10 page essays) and Elementary Arabic 2. I'll blow past my Psychology and Speech classes though. Reason I just wanted to change the look of one person's boot is cause my friend likes the Oakleys and I like the Merrell Sawtooth Boots.