[any way to change to digital urban camo in SP?]

GRiN_Bumbi wrote this in this thread.

Yes, agent smith is on the right track. Actually, the red channel is the mask of where the camo is applied versus where the secondary color is applied, the green channel is added on top of that and the blue channel is actually not used for the moment in the shader.

So the easiest way to "reskin" would be to change the camos. To do so go in and play with these lines in the xdefines of the characters in data\lib\managers\xml\ghost_templates.xml:

<texture_switch material="camo" texture="self_illumination_texture" file="data/textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo_02/camo_ACU_test_xy_df"/> 

<color_switch material="camo" color="base_color" value="0.545098 0.509804 0.466667"/> 
change the path to another camo, and change the value to adjust the secondary color (I have provided some alternative settings higher up in the file, haven't tried all combinations though...) Then load up a SP mission to see the change. Have fun.
So yes, I think you can change the camo for SP. EDIT: So, if I understand this correctly I should put one of these following lines under <xdefine name="xxx()">
Standard-ACU-camo

<texture_switch material="camo" texture="self_illumination_texture" file="data/textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo_02/camo_ACU_test_xy_df"/> 

<color_switch material="camo" color="base_color" value="0.83 0.95 1.011"/> 

Multicam-camo (GRAW1 ghosts)

<texture_switch material="camo" texture="self_illumination_texture" file="data/textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo_03/camo_multicam_xy_df"/> 

<color_switch material="camo" color="base_color" value="1.32 1.15 0.85"/> 

Woodland-camo	

<texture_switch material="camo" texture="self_illumination_texture" file="data/textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo_04/camo_woodland_camo_xy_df"/> 

<color_switch material="camo" color="base_color" value="1.12656 0.97813 0.751563"/> 

Brown ACU-camo		

<texture_switch material="camo" texture="self_illumination_texture" file="data/textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo_05/camo_brown_xy_df"/> 

<color_switch material="camo" color="base_color" value="1.12 0.97 0.75"/> 

Green ACU camo

<texture_switch material="camo" texture="self_illumination_texture" file="data/textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo_06/camo_green_xy_df"/> 

<color_switch material="camo" color="base_color" value="0.8 0.8 0.6"/> 

Grey ACU-camo

<texture_switch material="camo" texture="self_illumination_texture" file="data/textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo_07/camo_grey_xy_df"/> 

<color_switch material="camo" color="base_color" value="0.5 0.6 0.6"/> 

Coyote ACU-camo

<texture_switch material="camo" texture="self_illumination_texture" file="data/textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo_08/camo_coyote_xy_df"/> 

<color_switch material="camo" color="base_color" value="0.820313 0.78125 0.625"/>

I didn't get it to work in the demo though so maybe someone with the retail can confrim if this work or not :)

Edited by Hockeystick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...