Night Vision

GRAW had one night map...with lights that could be shot out, dark shadows, and moonlit streets....it was a tactical haven...you could hide in the darker shadows even if such position had no cover, you could shoot out likes to crate other hiding places, and you had to hold your breath crossing the street. It was a TOTALLY new game and paly style...

the only problem was everyone in the server had to agree to turn off their night vision goggles...a feat only able to be accomplished in my private clan battles.

I know this is the near future and our troops are well equiped, but why have dusk, or night maps with this ABSOLUTELY awesome lighting graphics engine, and it just be wasted in sahdes of green, where instead of a tactically rich and different environment of play from day maps you all run around light like you drank a radioactive shake...it seems such a waste....

Can their be an option in GRAW 2 to restrict night vision, or it be removed from certain maps?

GRAW had one night map...with lights that could be shot out, dark shadows, and moonlit streets....it was a tactical haven...you could hide in the darker shadows even if such position had no cover, you could shoot out likes to crate other hiding places, and you had to hold your breath crossing the street. It was a TOTALLY new game and paly style...

My comment is to the underlined section of your post:

When you shot out a light in a GRAW1 map the light only goes out for you, all other players see the light as "ON" so you end up under the spot. This was known but some might not be aware of it. :o GRAW2 might be the same.. unless a Grin knows otherwise.

My comment is to the underlined section of your post:

When you shot out a light in a GRAW1 map the light only goes out for you, all other players see the light as "ON" so you end up under the spot. This was known but some might not be aware of it. :o GRAW2 might be the same.. unless a Grin knows otherwise.

viiiper.

I did not know this about lightsin GRAW1. Good pickup.

They had other multi-player desynchronization bugs as well in GRAW 1. for example, in certain missions if you GL'd one of those transport trucks full of soldiers (in a coop mission), the truck would roll to a further location on one player's machine that on another player's machine. So a guy would move forward to hide behind the rear wheel of the truck (for example). but to other players, he appeared to simply be crouching out in the middle of the street with no cover, with the truck 30 feet away from him.

Edited by Sleepdoc

in GRAW1 you could kick a can around a corner and when someone hit it you would here the sound.

The enemy however would see it 4 feet to the left or right and avoid it hearing no sound.

Welcome to players that match. We analize the game so we know what to do and what not too.