Civilian Vehicles?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in action:

joblot.jpg

Maybe we can build a boot into 1 of these, with an openable door, for hostages? Would need to be a deep boot though, maybe a VW Beetle?

Tinker

;)

Or you could put a weapons cache in the boot ('trunk' for our friends across the Atlantic)

Any possibility of an A-Team van? Normal config, or combat config, it doesn't matter, but IMO it would be better with a .50 cal mounted onto it (combat version) :)

Funny you should mention, A-Team Van already in the pipeline, sliding side door and swing rear doors. :shifty: Mini turret inside that can fire at targets when it spots any. (Have to script or slide door open from inside for it to work!) ;)

Log truck carrying 9, needs a re-texture and finished.

logs.jpg

Tinker

:)

Looking sweet guys!

Funny you mention a boot. In the mission I need the limo for, the team is ambushing a motorcade to capture a particular person. AFter the bodyguards are killed, the target person is then loaded up in another vehicle and hauled off. A utility van with a sliding door that the target could be loaded into would be perfect. If you make a van with a side door, please make a version that can be loadable like this. It would be just perfect!!!

Thanks guys. Your work will soon be put to very good use.

Tinker,

Have you experimented with modeling and tagging aircraft yet? I am looking for someone to create Russian UAV (like a Shmel-1 or Pchela). Cobaka and Blakarion did a phenomenal job with the other aircraft in this mod (MI-24, MI-17, SU-25, Crashed MI-24, etc.), but I heard they aren't modding anymore.

You guys are amazing. The Shmel-1 UAV looks fantastic! I can't believe how fast you guys work!

One thing though...the Shmel in the photo is a test prototype. A field variant wouldn't be orange, most likely OD green/blue underneath or camo/blue underneath.

You guys are incredible!

:thumbsup:

I`ll get it working in game first, then texture it last.

Now from what i gather, it is just a surveillance plane. How big do you think it is, in percentage to a Blackhawk? Looks like they are launched off the back of a tracked vehicle, or stand. I think it will be great for SP, but multiplayer there is the usual issue of pathing it correct, as it will really be moving along the ground, even though it won`t be.

Tinker

Tinker,

I don't know too much about how coop works with air vehicles. All of my scripting is for single player.

The dimensions on the Shmel-1 are:

Wingspan....3.32 m / 10' 7"

Length.........2.77m / 9' 1"

For the way I am using it in-game, I will be keeping the flight plans very simple...one altittude, Point-Point, hide when it arrives off map. To mask the sound of a helicopter, I'll create a custom sound file of a small piston engine to play as it flys by. (I did the same thing with the SU-25...instead of hearing a helicopter when the jet flies by, I have several custom sound files of a SU-25 that I play depending on where the player is relation to the jet and if the jet is on a bombing run. It works great!)

I'll be using the Shmel in at least two missions. The most important one that I needed a UAV for, the Shmel is my premise for getting the player an extraction if their radio goes down (no more demo charges). In all of my missions, I try to create alternative endings if the player screws up an objective rather than arbitrarily end the mission...so if the player looses his radio operators (no more demo charges) and cannot call for extraction, he will have to hold off swarms of bad guys until a Shmel flys by on recon and views his delemma below...only then does HQ become aware of the player team's delemma and a rescue helicopter is dispatched to pick them up.

:thumbsup:

I`ll get it working in game first, then texture it last.

Now from what i gather, it is just a surveillance plane. How big do you think it is, in percentage to a Blackhawk? Looks like they are launched off the back of a tracked vehicle, or stand. I think it will be great for SP, but multiplayer there is the usual issue of pathing it correct, as it will really be moving along the ground, even though it won`t be.

Tinker

The Shmel-1 looks great! Please let me know when you're done tagging it up. The mission its for is almost finished.

BTW...The Rolls Limo runs fine...no problams at all. I'll post some in-game screens soon.

shmel-04.jpg

<_<

:thumbsup: Glad to hear the Limo is good to go, look forward to the screen shots :yes: