Lousy Shot After Video Card Upgrade?

I upgraded my videocard from a 7800GTX to an 8800GTX. Now, I can run the game all on max settings. But, I can't hit the broad side of a barn in MP. I even lowered all the settings to what they were with my 7800. It has been a long time since I played so poorly. It's almost as though I have to re-learn how to hande the weapons & such.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it all in my head, thinking with this awesome videocard I'll be unstoppable and therefore being careless?

:santa:

Its your eyes,

They get used to judging at the speed the 78 was.

Now they have to judge faster to make up for the 88...

Give it awhile, they will adjust.

If you dont want your eyes doing this every time you upgrade, throw a ball around for awhile every 2 or so hours, keep them adjusted to the real world.

Thats faster than any computer.

' date='Feb 26 2007, 02:28 PM' post='452274']

I upgraded my videocard from a 7800GTX to an 8800GTX. Now, I can run the game all on max settings. But, I can't hit the broad side of a barn in MP. I even lowered all the settings to what they were with my 7800. It has been a long time since I played so poorly. It's almost as though I have to re-learn how to hande the weapons & such.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it all in my head, thinking with this awesome videocard I'll be unstoppable and therefore being careless?

:santa:

You are shure you don´t have input lag? I get horrible input lag when connecting my x1900xt to with dvi to my LG 204WT, but none when using the vga, they don´t like each other. Feels like I am drunk when using the dvi and you can see that the mouse lags behind. Luckily I don´t see any difference in picture quality between my dvi and vga outputs, so I just use vga...