RIP James Brown

Whistle

Brown, who had surgery for prostate cancer in 2004, appeared in London in October as part of the BBC's Electric Proms line-up.

Hall of Fame

At the time, he described how he planned to carry on as a performer, saying: "Everyone's got soul, whether it's talking, hip-hop, rap, gospel.

"I don't wanna change, because then I'd have to name myself Sam Smith or Ted Wright or somebody. I'm going to be James Brown."

And he was, right to the end.

RIP to Mr Brown, although I would say to "him as he was" not as he was in recent years (musicaly).

Not sure if anyone in UK watched the BBC proms thing and James Brown was on it. I watched it and I was completely suprised how poor it was. Like watching some old man doing a cover band of James Brown with a collection of session players and singers straight out of Vegas ... it was very tacky indeed :( .

For the UK folk it was best described as some light cabaret after the magic show in a working mans club type of tacky :unsure: .. hate to say it but thats why I was so suprised.

Well anywho, for him and what he stood for when he originaly started and made the hits .. and for leaving us and the HipHop community with a tracks that works without fail every single time:

GIVE IT UP TURN IT LOOSE

But ... the one that is the best thing I think he ever did and works well in clubs is the remix :

GIVE IT UP TURN IT LOOSE - REMIX

A B-Boys dream :thumbsup::zorro:

:rocky::rocky: