Bf2142 Demo now available

dporter

How do you play this SP so you can check out the map yourself and not get fragged by someone while online?

nvrmnd: I didn't see that you can d/l a standalone server and create a server for yourself and lock with a password.

<_<

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

How do you play this SP so you can check out the map yourself and not get fragged by someone while online?

nvrmnd: I didn't see that you can d/l a standalone server and create a server for yourself and lock with a password.

<_<

Sorry, noob question but where do you download the standalone server from? I was interested in doing the same thing to check out the map but I couldn't figure it out.

Official Site all downloads are on the left...Stand-Alone Server is worth 56.2MB.

Install that, configure a server---give it a name that you'll easily recognize. give it a password that you only know. run the server and you'll see the IP address.

Now run the MP demo, somewhere in the menu you'll be ask to enter a site or an IP address. Enter the IP address then you should recognize the server name that you've given it. enter the password you've given it. hit join. enjoy.

noobs unite! :rofl:

btw get this x-fire so you can invite friends easily.

:thumbsup:

any feed back yet?? Hows the demo look??

I tried the demo this weekend at a friends since I still haven't upgraded my PC and I think the game runs great. I have read a lot of comments on chopiness, but it looked great to me. My friends system runs on a amd 3200, 6600gt video card, and 1 gb of ram. We ran it on medium settings. Not all the guns are unlocked and you can't use grenades yet but the game looks very very promising. Titan mode is a great bonus. It is a lot of fun trying to land a helicopter on their titan and trying to take down their consoles.

Thanks for the help on the standalone server. I like to practice using the vehicles on my own without getting shot down all the time. I do have xfire but I have only used it occasionally. I still haven't figured out all of its features.