Blind Siege problem

Jerri Blank

Tonight I hosted two five-person teams in blind siege (one base), and no matter how I set the team starting points - standard, swapped, alternating, random, etc. - blue team was on defense EVERY time. In order to give people some variety, I finally had to just have everyone switch teams.

If I recall correctly, before the DLC, "alternating" allowed the teams to switch spawns every time in regular siege. I realize that since the base is always moving you can't really alternate "spawns" as such, but shouldn't there at least be a way to switch offense and defense? Was I doing something wrong with my settings?

Thanks,

jb

Edited by Jerri Blank

Yes we noticed this too Jerri I tried all the diverent types of starting points but everytime our team stayed on defence. This should be fixed in a patch.

@bravo 2 zero666 Blind Siege is in the game mode Team Battle (note NOT Team Territory) and it's all the way down at the bottom.

Edited by Tchaikovsky

Tonight I hosted two five-person teams in blind siege (one base), and no matter how I set the team starting points - standard, swapped, alternating, random, etc. - blue team was on defense EVERY time. In order to give people some variety, I finally had to just have everyone switch teams.

If I recall correctly, before the DLC, "alternating" allowed the teams to switch spawns every time in regular siege. I realize that since the base is always moving you can't really alternate "spawns" as such, but shouldn't there at least be a way to switch offense and defense? Was I doing something wrong with my settings?

Thanks,

jb

I have the same issue....here is the way that you can play both on attack and defend....put all players on Random teams...its not perfect but it sure beats everyone switching every round..!!!

everybody is right. Currently during Blind Siege the BLUE team is always on defense while the RED team is always on offense. The only way to keep the same teams and switch between offense and deffense is to have the host change the colors for the players or have them do it themselves.

Kind of a pain, but hopefully they will be fixing this as Ubi is aware of the bug.

I wonder when the "rankings" for the new modes will take affect as currently it does not seem that the modes have any affect on rank.