A "constructive thread"

This thread we should use to post *** Constructive*** issues that BETTER the game and not go over the same issues. WE DO have threads for those who hate the game

ok, i was just playing DOM and noticed some things.

1. I see a guy in my system as still running, but he shoots and kills me. now, he might be stopped on his machine and get the EASY kill. This could be a netcode issue. My pings average from 125 to 250, mostly around 125 though. I checked the guys ping he had a 50 ping. ADDED: I have an excellent Qos from my ISP as I did some tests to see if it was my connection.

2. I also, with the same ping, took a shot from the high area on avenues to the south, fired a sniper shot and about 3 seconds later he finally died.

there appears to be HUGE netcode issues. Not quite sure if it gaymespy, but I'd give GRIN the benefit of the doubt and look at Gaymespy.

But the net coding or even servers would appear to be at issue.

ADDED: Why is there limited view distance? I can't see the whole street with a sniperrifle on the southern avenue... :huh:

Edited by Papa6

That could be due to the server not being a very fast computer. I have played on may servers with absolutly no lag whatsoever, then other where it seems like you are shooting blanks. So i'm guessing it's mostly a server hardware issue more than a netcode issue.

I would like to see some filter options in the browser personally. To only show populated servers, below a certian ping, gametype, and filter by patch version.

Yes, those filter options are a requirement! Also, its nice to have a favourite list, but are there plans to permit us to enter the IP address of a server for direct connection? True this isn't needed right now, but when the dedicated server components are released, theres likely to be a flood of servers springing up and it'd be far easier to grab an IP address from a friend than to browse through the list looking for the server name. Definately was helpful in CS with all those servers.

I've been playing with Qtracker today and its similar to ASE but it makes it really easy to add custom filters for your games, in fact it might even take the crown from ASE, but heres the take on GRAW from the Qtracker dev

Just as an FYI for anyone interested in this game... I've tried and failed to add support for this game. I can query game servers, but I have no method for connecting you to a game server, nor can I get a server listing.

The game actually lacks the command-line arguments to permit connection from a 3rd-party application. And the game uses some new GameSpy deal where you have to authenticate with them prior to retrieving a server listing.

All good tactics for getting 3rd-party browsers out of the loop, however it also will prevent GameSpy Arcade from connecting as well. I'm not certain that's a good move.

Anyways, I've been in contact with the developers (nice guys) and were informed that my requests have to go through the Publisher (Ubi). No response from them, as per usual.

So if anyone has any contacts at Ubi feel free to drop them a line if you want me to support this game. Otherwise I'll scratch it off the list and move on.

Heres the thread http://www.qtracker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=565

SierraSeven, I'm sure join IP will be a focal part of the dedicated files.

But I'm thinking Gamespy should've been replaced by the likes of Xfire or all seeing eye or something.

I agree

What I can't understand is why other games work through there ..pooh

I personally like direct ip & port or third party ASE / Xfire...... to find community members and link

Something that I noticed tonight while playing is that shadows absolutely must be fixed. You'll be approaching a corner and you can see the shadow of the enemy through the wall. For example, if you're on one side of a wall and the enemy is on the other side of the wall, one of you is going to see two shaddows, giving someone an unfair advantage.

Perhaps this could be addressed in the next patch?

I've been playing with Qtracker today and its similar to ASE but it makes it really easy to add custom filters for your games, in fact it might even take the crown from ASE, but heres the take on GRAW from the Qtracker dev

I just wanted to say I have been using Qtracker for several days for other games and I just love it. Farewell All Seeing Eye....

I wish there was a way to make this work with GRAW as I really think Qtracker will quickly replace ASE.