X800GTO, X1600PRO or X1600XT?

Wabby69

Did you look at ATI's site and click on compare?

X800 is the oldest of them, also the cheapest probably.

Pro is usually the more basic version than the XT or XL. 512 vs 256 - that depends on your system really if you can take advantage of the extra memory.

I would go with the fastest core speed unless you won't see the benefit without a new mobo and processor or RAM.

www.ati.com - check it for specs. 1800 has more pipelines than the 800, and are you talking PCI-Express? X800 is available in both AGP and PCI-E. X1800 is only available in PCI. :wall: (thus why I can't just upgrade to it yet).

INFO:

COMPARE

Edited by tangovictor

I never mentioned X1800 mate :nono:

well if you're gonna finger wag me - take a leap.

nobody mentions the 1600 because it is recycled 9800 series. :o=

See, i dont understand these things!!

Thats why i need help!

I have £80 - £125 to spend. . . . What best PCI-E card for me?

PC Specs:

CPU = Pentium D 805 Dual Core 64 bit 2 x 2.66 GHz

Ram = 1GB DDR2 533MHz

??

Any help is GREATLY appreciated :D

P.S - Sorry for the wingerwag :grin1:

I never mentioned X1800 mate :nono:

well if you're gonna finger wag me - take a leap.

nobody mentions the 1600 because it is recycled 9800 series. :o=

See, i dont understand these things!!

Thats why i need help!

I have £80 - £125 to spend. . . . What best PCI-E card for me?

PC Specs:

CPU = Pentium D 805 Dual Core 64 bit 2 x 2.66 GHz

Ram = 1GB DDR2 533MHz

??

Any help is GREATLY appreciated :D

P.S - Sorry for the wingerwag :grin1:

Ok - you need to visit Tom's Hardware guide... it has all the benchmarks and reviews for all these cards. Look there for value cards (X1300 and 1600 series) and the workhorse - X1800. I don't know what the exchange rate is - somebody else will chime in and tell you for sure.

PowerColor X800 GTO PCI Express its not Sapphire but the same chip. Just something to research.

Technically speaking, the main constraint users are going to face when running a ATI X800 GTO class videocard is that this ATI core does not support Shader Model 3.0. While support for SM 3.0 is still thin in titles on store shelves, it's proving pretty popular and more than likely will be adopted as standard across the board by game developers. Games which take advantage of SM 3.0 see some pretty dramatic improvements to the quality of the 3D picture, although even high end cards like the Geforce 7800GTX and Radeon X1800 XT have a difficult time rendering with SM 3.0 effects.

PowerColor X800 GTO PCI Express its not Sapphire but the same chip.  Just something to research.

Technically speaking, the main constraint users are going to face when running a ATI X800 GTO class videocard is that this ATI core does not support Shader Model 3.0. While support for SM 3.0 is still thin in titles on store shelves, it's proving pretty popular and more than likely will be adopted as standard across the board by game developers. Games which take advantage of SM 3.0 see some pretty dramatic improvements to the quality of the 3D picture, although even high end cards like the Geforce 7800GTX and Radeon X1800 XT have a difficult time rendering with SM 3.0 effects.

So the 256MB GDDR3 X1600XT will be the best bet?

I merged your threads as you are basically asking the same thing in both.

According to ubi forums, the card i was going to buy is in the HIGH END section :S

HIGH-END These cards a more than enough, and definitely should play GRAW with good settings

Dude, with the amount of money you want to spend, you will not be able to play GRAW with high settings.

"Good settings" is absolutely subjective. What is acceptable for one gamer (e.g. 1024x768 at 30 frame per second) may be unacceptable for another.

Just get the fastest card for your budget, and plan to upgrade in 2 years.

With the current graphcis cards available, I would recommend an Nvidia card for the best value price/performance, and I own both ATI and Nvidia.

If you really want ATI, go with the X1600XT, as the X800GTO uses old tech (no Shader 3) and X1600 Pro usually means its clocked slower and has 128-bit memory interface as opposed to 256-bit.

I'd suggest you list Nvidia cards within your budget range.

If your going to NVIDIA, Take a look at the 6800 GS, 6800 Ultra (I have it, it runs amazing, and its at a constant 40 degrees) or the 7800 GT. 7800 might be outside your budget, but its a hell of a card for the money.

This 6800GS be ok? Cheapest i can find, leaves me just enogh for DVD+-RW etc . . .

Or this one?

Which is the better of them two? Or can somebody recommend me one?

Thanks