Gun troubles

element11

Heh this is kinda funny...:D

messedupguy.jpg

Thats my sniper i made, and in his hands, a newly modelled Remington 597 with scope. This is my fourth weapon, but it is the first one i got exported properly into gr. I think he might have just forgotten how to hold his rifle, but my money is on the fact i did something wrong. Anyone know what thatn something is??

hi i dont realy no the awnser m8 but i noteced that u can make guns for gr ye? well ive created a sniper rifle and moded the m4 i was hoping i could send em to you and i think they shoud already be in there positions and that and you could send bak in the (.qob format i think) so i can play it in gr :whistle: if u wanna work as a team plaz email me at burckett@hotmail.com thanks m8

You may have messed up on the hand points.

Like pro said element, you can check out his sopmod mod and he has max files in there that will show you how to export right.

Yeah, i was moving them around and it is getting better, but man, i spent an hour and a half moving th points, and rotating the weapon, and it still looks like the guy is hugging it. I would download prozac's files, but he has 3ds5 and i have 4. I think ill just get it eventually by just moving the points and rotating the weapon.

You really shouldn't have to rotate either your helper points or your mesh to get the weapon to work properly ingame, it's just a matter of placing them in the right spot. The ^RightHandPoint should be placed in the 0,0,0, origin of the scene (Right click on the "Select and Move" tool and make sure that the fields for Absolute World has 0's in the x,y,and z fields. Then viewing your model from the left viewport position things like in the below image (straight screengrab of my XM8 export file).

export.jpg

Hidden behind the weapon is the ^BrassEjectionPoint. The only points who's rotation really matter to the weapons ingame appearance are the ^BrassEjectionPoint and ^MuzzleFlashPoint, make sure the X-axis of the helperpoint points in the way you want the flash to appear and the empty shells to eject.

The ^HolsterPoint is a whole different ballgame though, it's tricky to get placed correctly unless you have some tools to help you. Earl made some very good tools for this but I'm not sure if they are compatible with 3dsm 4.

Earls webpage

Snow

Thanks snowfella. I got my guy to hold it perfect now. But there is no sound for the gunfire. I copy and pasted a origmiss gunfire sound and renamed it for the gun i made, then put that sound in my .gun file in the editor. Anyone know what is wrong? That is the only problem i am having now.

I think he did that already burckett. Go into igor click editors then goto sound volume editor. Click "select sound folder" and goto your sound folder, then click reconcile then apply.

I think he did that already burckett. Go into igor click editors then goto sound volume editor. Click "select sound folder" and goto your sound folder, then click reconcile then apply.

OK. I did the reconcile and apply, and it told me it could not save the file. :S

Great tute! Same thing though.