What Song Are You Listening To?

Sup

Do you Try or just Post? Tick all that apply, but be sensible!  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah Dope is like borderline rock/metal.

Most of our artists cover a multitude of styles within the same genre - let's take Angerfist: they produce 'hardcore', and the tracks they write ranges from breakcore(/d'n'b) to darkcore, to doomcore, to terrorcore, etc, all sub-genres within the 'hardcore genre'. So although we are predominantly button pushers/knob twisters (no sexual innuendo referenced; interpret it as a sexual innuendo if you wish but here I'm using the real meaning of the word knob, not the 'nobody speaks proper English any more' altered version of the word), we have some very talented individuals indeed.

Skinhead - "Extreme Terror"

Then:

Angernoizer vs Scrapeface - "Zweten en Ploeteren"

Meh, we got some of the best artist names too.

Edited by WytchDokta

Shattered Hope by Angerfist followed by ::Expletive:: Trance by Angerfist

Wahey, you da man! Although with the second track you have there, I much prefer the way Kasparov put it: 'trance music is for ######ing ****ies' (second word beginning with 'p'). In the underground there is a strong dislike for commercial/mainstream music, especially trance.

Angerfist - "Darklords From Hell"

I was thinking of ordering this years Dutch football team shirt and having the name 'A N G E R F I S T' printed on the back. What says you mwgfghost?

Edited by WytchDokta

I say go for it. And yeah a lot of people were real ###### when slipknot came out with Iowa because although they've never been an underground group, they weren't that commercial and then Iowa came out and you had jocks and whatnot listening to it. Although it does make for good work out music. And now Slipknot's real commercial after winning a grammy or emmy or whatever the music award is. But I still like em.

Autobahn by Peter "Peas" McEvilley. Real cool dude. I told him I liked the song he did from Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo but couldn't find it on any CDs so he sent me a link to the full song on myspace.

Probably is from Children of the Corn - there's alot of sampling from movies in this music scene. Although those Angerfist tracks you've been listening to are good in their own right, may I suggest trying something less subtle, like "My Style From The Dark Side", "Bad Boy", "Cannibal", "F' Off", "English MF's", all by Angerfist.

Rotterdam Terror Corps - "Poing (Partyraiser Remix)"

Then:

DJ Dione - "Come Here And Die"

Woman: What the hell is going on?

Man: Hell is exactly what is going on

Hit me up on the PM if you have trouble getting hold of any other Angerfist tracks, or if you want to hear other underground stuff by other artists.

Edited by WytchDokta

Ah, you ended your hardcore spree.

Art of Fighters - "Artwork (Tha Playah Remix)"

You like to watch? Well watch this!

Awesome remix by Tha Playah, but then again, nothing but sheer excellence can be expected from Tha Playah at all times, whether he's writing his own stuff or on remix duties.

Edited by WytchDokta

Dead Man Walking by Angerfist

Huh? What's going on here? Back to Angerfist again?

I stick to one genre of music nowadays. Well, let me rephrase that so it's clear - I follow one genre of music but I appreciate all music, if you put on some Korn, I won't like it, but I appreciate it (all musicians are great individuals) and I'll respect the fact you want to listen to it - so I won't go in there and deliberately turn it off in front of you.

Paul Elstak & Firestone - "In Your Face"

It feels good, when I put my foot in your face

We just aswell live up to what the nay-sayer critics say of our music (after all, the critics want you to believe it's one way when it's actually completely the other way); they refer to it as 'music to get your head kicked in to'. So this track was written as a direct response to their words.

Want advice on what other hardcore artists to check out?

Edited by WytchDokta

Yeah I'm always open to new things. And I never listen to music critics. Like movie award shows here in America. You'll never see a big action movie sweep an award show. It's all about twists in the storyline and drama these days.

Faith No More - Falling to Pieces(Played in gear-up scene in Black Hawk Down)

So yeah I would like some advice on more hardcore artists to check out.

So yeah I would like some advice on more hardcore artists to check out.

I currently listen to forty-five artists from the hardcore scene, this is excluding the MC's. We'll keep you on the not so fast stuff for now though (i.e. hardcore not speedcore). So where do I start? Prepare for an essay....

We've got the one they call the godfather of hardcore 'Paul Elstak' (often referred to as 'DJ Paul'), he often works with a few of the MC's who rap about things like terrorism and standing up for what you beleive in etc; 'The Headbanger' has worked with the same MC's as Paul Elstak for a few of his tracks and has even worked with Paul Elstak himself on a few tracks, so it's similar themed kind of stuff, however, most of Headbangers stuff is without the MC's; Tha Playah produces a much more uplifting sound, with cool synths and riffs; 'Nosferatu' also produces a slightly more uplifting sound (he often works with Endymion); 'Endymion' by himself is a slightly different kind of sound, you have to listen to his work to understand what I mean. 'Evil Activities' does do a little more uplifting stuff too, and is capable of writing some pretty cool stuff when he workswith other producers - he's done one track based off (and using samples from) the SAW movie [with producer 'Panic!'] and Full Metal Jacket [with producer Neophyte]; 'Neophyte' produces a different sound to all this uplifting synth kinda stuff, but IMO his beats don't quite cut it - listen to say Elstak's beats then listen to Neophytes beats, you'll see what I mean; there's also 'JDA' who IMO has produced some of the best hardcore basslines, I love his basslines; 'E-Noid' and 'DJ Dione' both produce a darker sound; we've evn got a few female prodiucers/writers in the scene, 'Korsakoff', 'Lady Dana', 'Miss Hysteria' to name a few - they are definitely worth listening too especially Korsakoff who is also worth looking at (put it this way, she has been featured in FHM atleast once :whistle: ); I could go on for hours but I don't have the time today so other Dutch artists worthy of good listening too are: DJ D (not to be confused with DJ Dione), Bass-D & King Matthew, Delta 9, Kasparov, Lenny Dee, Lunatic (mainly primarily works with Miss Hysteria), Negative A, Outblast, Partyraiser (sometimes produces the faster stuff), Rotterdam Terror Corps (often abbreviated to RTC), Skinhead, The Alienator, The Laziest Men On Mars, The Viper, Tieum, Unexist.

'Enzyme X' is a completely different hardcore sound altogether (you'll have to listen to his work understand why I say this)

'Art of Fighters' is a similar act to Angerfist, except these guys are from Italy - there's 3 of them, like Angerfist and they even wear hockey masks like Angerfist - and you will find the Italian underground is different to the Dutch underground sound; staying with the Italian artists we've got Tommyknocker who is an awesome producer capable of programming awesome riffs and synths; 'Mad Dog', 'The Stunned Guys' and 'Noize Suppressor' are also Italian artists well worth checking out. I beleive that 'The Masochist' might also be Italian.

Then we have the sound of the French underground, and the only artists I know of from that scene (even though there's likely more) is 'Radium', so sometimes does the faster speedcore kinda stuff, but the majority of his work is hardcore (at the normal speed). There's also Scottish producer 'Scott Brown', however, he has done alot of mainstream/commercial 'happy' hardcore over the years so you'll likely only find that stuff by him. I have a large selection of his underground hardcore/gabber stuff here - and remember if the track title says he's working with Neophyte, then that's the underground hardcore stuff you're looking for. There's also the Spanish scene with artists like 'Javi Boss' etc, but the Spanish stuff is VERY hard to find in this country for some reason.

Any tracks with the following MC's on them are going to be good: Firestone, Ruffian, Alee, Rage, Raw, Justice. Although in the case of Firestone, Ruffian and Alee, but mainly Firestone, the lyrics will be full of violence, anger and aggression.

If you want to check out some work of the artists I've mentioned above, I can give you some previews via PM.

Right enough of the essay -

Paul Elstak & Firestone ft. Ruffian - "Retaliate"

Refuse. Resist. Here's my ######in' fist!

MF's better understand: I exist, so I retaliate.

What did I tell you about violent lyrics?

On a side note, re: what you were sayign about critics - why is it that whenever a book or movie is released you only see good reviews on the book cover, DVD box etc? Surely not everybody will think the movie/book is good?

Edited by WytchDokta