MOD translations in other languages

Giampi

I would like to know if there is some not-english mother language member who thinks it's could be good to translate some mods in other languages. In this case the mods could reach more players in the world, more or less in the same way as they were expansion packs.

If the proposal is acceptable and we think it could be worthy I could be available to translate some campaigns in Italian.

Let me know your opinion

But for me it's very important to read the briefings to be deeply inside the game. This is particularly important for mods like Jack57's ones (Saving Pilot Ryan, Postcards from Peru and Band of Brothers) or Free Libya and free Russia where the plot is very important.

Cheers ;)

I think the main point here is that Giwex knows some people who cannot enjoy mods because they speak no English. If there were enough people interested it might be worth the effort for him to undetake the work.

Jack :)

You catched the point Jack57. I have a couple of italian friends who will not play any mod because of the shortage of language. If I find at least 20-30 interested italian persons it could be worthy to do.

Then the same thing could be good for other languages.

I'm glad to see another italian attending this forum  

Ya. Same here. :) Where you from anyway? Old country or living abroad like yours truly? ;)

My plan would be to translate all the mod (briefings and texts inside the game).

THAT my friend would be quite an undertaking. ALL mods? Yikes.

I haven't even downloaded those mods you mentioned... I'll take a look at Saving Pilot Ryan this weekend and see how hard it would be to translate it...

Translating requires time and time is a commodity really hard to come by for me lately.

Where you from anyway? Old country or living abroad like yours truly?

At the present I'm living in Poland because of job but soon I will move back to Italy, near Vicenza

ALL mods? Yikes.

I said all the mod, not all mods! it means that I think to translate one particular mod!

I haven't even downloaded those mods you mentioned...

Very bad you never tried the best mods! :angry:

I said all the mod, not all mods! it means that I think to translate one particular mod!

hehe... ok ok I didn't get ya the first time. :P

Very bad you never tried the best mods! :angry:

No I don't. Wanna know why? cause I don't have time. I played GR yesterday. First time in six months.

Lately I have been very busy trying to finish MY mod... and i don't have time to play.

It's either play or mod. No alternative.

Well done on the translation!

You can find the download Here

Yoda, I msgd you to see if you could distribute it to Italia sites, not realising you were in on this thread already.

I treid posting in some Italian forums, but I couldn't get registered, almost - but not quite!

Thank you very much Rocky and Yoda for your cooperation.

Just a small comment: the mod has been almost entired translated, with every single text in the game, not only the briefings. :P

Only some few speeches (wav files) are still in english :o

The problem is that no italian will read this :(