3dsmax Questions - demo > full version

I have the demo for 3dsmax 5, but its 30-day trial period has run out, and I want to register so I can use the program without time limits. However, when I try to register, it asks for the serial number for the program I currently have, but the CD came with a book (3ds max 5 Bible), and there is no serial number on the CD itself. So, my question is, how do I register so I can use the program without a time limit? :wall::wall::(:(

Edited by porschefan8

That, unfortunately, falls into the term piracy.

Unless you are a student, in which case you probably qualify for the educational discount if your school bookstore/software store even carries 3dsMax5 licenses.

Well you see, companies release demo's of their software, kinda like RSE did with GR.And if you like it they kinda expect you to buy it!!!

There is no way to get the Demo version to the Full licence version without paying for it or breaking the LAW and we won't go into that here!!!!

If you only need it to learn modeling and don't plan on rendering or using it for GR, you could try GMAX, which is a stripped version of 3D Studio but still extremely powerfull with the basic commands still present.

GMAX is completly free and can be downloaded at DISCREET.COM.

• 4 weeks later...

porschefan8

Where did you get the demo I have been looking for about a week for a link to a max 5 demo or a kind person to email it to me (yes i know it is Big) but have been able to come up with nothing all I'm finding is max 6 and you can't mod with 6 as we all know. so if you would please post the link to the place you located the file so I can start MODDING thanks

:santa:

porschefan8

Where did you get the demo I have been looking for about a week for a link to a max 5 demo or a kind person to email it to me (yes i know it is Big) but have been able to come up with nothing all I'm finding is max 6 and you can't mod with 6 as we all know. so if you would please post the link to the place you located the file so I can start MODDING thanks

:santa:

He bought the 3DS MAX 5 bible and that comes with the demo disc. You can model things with the demo but you CANT put them into GR. The demo doesnt support the plugins