Real Life Headsup Display for GRFS?

Rocky

How cool would this be

futuresoldierheadsupglasses.jpg

According to slashgear, it just might be a possibility.

Imagine playing Ghost Recon Future Soldier with one of those on, having info beamed right in front of your eye, just like a real Future Soldier.

Sounds cool, but don't army guys train for a long time to make that kind of tech work without inducing eye strain and headaches?

Seems like a bit of a stretch to think it's making it's way to the home entertainment market... what do you think?

Seems like a bit of a stretch to think it's making it's way to the home entertainment market... what do you think?

You mean kind of like this?

U.S. Army releases gamer gear for Xbox & PlayStation

http://venturebeat.c...ox-playstation/

Not really, this isn't plastic guns or headset mics, this looks like a HUD displayed inside an eye piece, which is taking things a whole step further.

Imagine if the HUD displayed realtime info from the game, like enemy co-ordinates, right there infront of your eye, that would be amazing.

Now imagine if the enemy had EMP measures, so you could be closing in on an enemy using the eye piece for directions, only for it to go blank because of an enemy EMP being deployed.

Things start to get really immersive.

Once again, I bring up the question, does it come with the game or is it some plastic $19.99 helmet that you buy at Wal-Mart and plug into your computer? Or do we know yet?

This is all speculation, so don't know, don't know, no.

Thanks.

That is the first really innovative thing I have seen associated with GRFS. Using the kinect in gunsmith didn't really impress me. I find the kinect to be clunky to use for any sort of menu navigation or manipulation of in game stuff that can be done with a controller.

Of course, I think that with the glasses, there would be a setting in whether you want the info showing up in screen or through the glasses, because they are not going to have info available only to people that buy the glasses, i.e. enemy coordinates, objectives, etc...

So it is a bit of a gimmick, but I like it for the immersion factor.

Still wish a shooter would implement head tracking on the console so we can look around without spinning our whole character.

I have seen it done on Armed Assault on the PC and it was slick.