MW2 Mod Tools?

Tinker

It would be nice---spec ops definitely could use more spec op type missions and fewer snowmobile races and fights with juggernauts. This Bowling guy stated they went strictly with IWnet, no console and no modding for the "good" multiplayers, totally alienating the sp community. My game was purchased by a nephew, otherwise I would have waited as I did with cod4 and bought it for less than half priced. If IW doesn't undo the mess it has created, mw2 will fall in price much quicker than cod4 did. While I found much of the campaign to be enjoyable, weapon selection, which is still forced on you, even in spec ops(multiplayer can choose) is bizarre on some ops. Fortunately, I was able to bind keys for give certain weapons(if they are in map being played)to better equip myself. Friendly ai are dumber this time around on some ops, getting way too far out in front, but still enjoyable overall, but not 60/00 worth.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking back through some old twitter entries from robert bowling i found this:

''Nothing on Dedicated Servers, but there may be some Mod Tools news coming in the future, I'll pass it along once I have it.''

of course i had to look into it and it seems the old trick i used for my new camos in CoD4 still works, you can open the iwd files with winrar and the iwi to dds converter does work with the files of MW2.

just not sure if VAC will accept any new/modified textures at this moment or where to place the new IWD files.

and in my mind they would need to bring back the dedicated servers in order to run usermade maps or perhaps it will be more SpecOps oriented so modders can design new SpecOps missions.

fingers crossed!

@Mods, i did not see Tinkers post about this message, please delete this post or merge it with that post. sorry....:)

• 2 years later...

anyone have a follow up on the mod tools?

I'm getting frustrated looking for a mod to remove the entire HUD and icons.... I'm trying to screen capture and possible collect some video clips without any HUD or icons on the screen from my SP

I tried editing the config by adding seta_hud = 1 or 0 without any success.

wondering if I should start a new game under Hardcore, because that seems to be the solution offered in the Internet, but that is mostly for playing MP, which I do not need