remove threat indicator?

remix79

Hi,

I googled 'til my eyes goggled but I couldn't find any live links for mods that completely remove the threat indicator from my HUB in Ghost Recon. Does anyone have a mod that does that? Disabling the TI isn't what I'm looking for; I'd like to have it removed from the HUB without losing the reticule.

Thanks,

remix

Red Storm Entertainment\Ghost Recon\Data\Shell\Art

threat.rsb

1 way is to have a copy of the above file in your mod placed:

Red Storm Entertainment\Ghost Recon\Mods\Your_Mod\shell\art

Then open it in photoshop and add a new alpha channel and paint it black and save. This will make it invisible.

The other way would be to back up your original file, then just go and edit the 1 found in the first path, with the above meathod. For personnel use, you can follow the same procedure for other mods, or just delete that file from other mods.

Edited by Tinker
Added correct texture name...Thnx Zeealex

I would heart that so much, Alex, thanks! As long as invisible really means invisible, that it, completely transparent and not just showing up as a block of white or something in my HUD... Tinker, I don't have Photoshop, unfortunately. I don't know if Gimp (the open source alternative to PS) allows for alpha channels but I can wade through and see if Gimp supports them...I really have no idea (yet) about what alpha channels are or how to edit them but I think I can google it. Thanks for the info, peeps.

haha! no, it will be invisible :D :

ScreenShot59-2.jpg

like so, i'll give Igor a whirl and place the invisible threat indicator in a new mod for you

that HUD will not be included though ;) unless you want it of course :P

as for alpha channels, best explanation is it's a an extra colour space added to the RGB wich controls the transparency of a texture.

kinda like a layer mask, black is completely transparent, and white is completely Opaque.

Edited by Zeealex

of course! ;)

http://www.mediafire...w85940jc7xltgvt

have this on a lower priority than the invisible threat indicator mod otherwise you'll get the threat indicator back :P

it's just the ingame interface and it doesn't have a CMI as it has not been given out to the project novo guys yet but the bare bones are there

speaking of which...

http://www.mediafire...510pxk1h7lk370k

Invisible threat indicator ^ AKA the world's smallest GR mod @3kb

Edited by Zeealex
  • Like 1