Footsteps

Is there any way to make footsteps louder? In real life I can hear a guy 15m away when he walks, but in Ghost Recon you have to be right next to someone to hear them. I know you can't increase the Min value in the .xml file because that creates issues, but would just amplifying them in a audio editor help? Any other ideas?

I would say increasing the volume in Audacity or something similar is the best way tbh. Also try increasing the roll off and trying it. Roll off is actually how far you can hear the sound for, but not sure if it works for this.

You can increase values in options.xml easily using any HEX-editor(without changing exact file size). But there is some restrictions about changing that values. About subj: I've just checked it - changing master and effects volume doesnt affect to step sounds. So as Tinker said the only way to make it louder is to edit it via soundeditor.

post-25011-0-36774800-1340669758_thumb.j

Edited by Terpo

I wasn't talking about options.xml.

The effects.xml file is what I mean. It lists all sounds. But if you make a new effects.xml file, reference the footstep sounds, and increase the Min value (making it louder) it plays a random sound or something weird like that can't remember at the moment. I'll try Audacity method.

Thanks.