The most useless character

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe the scout is the most useless character on this game! So what if camo is activated all day long people still notice you! Engineer= Better Hacking skills useful in the game. Rifleman=Great guns and grenades. Scout? ######?lol

You do have a good point there about the camo, but some people don't use it right which makes the class bad. Now I personally think Engineer is bad because the guns are not the greatest, their grenades make the game annoying with their sensor grenades. Now if they just had a UAV and better grenades or guns then the class would be better in my opinion. I enjoy using my scout because I use my thermal scope and can see everyone regardless if you in smoke, cloaked, in bushes, etc. Now if your behind something solid I can't see you, but while I see people 90% of the time, they rarely see me because I am in camo and well hidden. Scout helps a lot with objectives, especially defense. Rifleman is just straight up power. Their guns and grenades are like "you wanna mess with me, HAHA that puny gun doesn't stand a chance" lol. Now everyone has their own opinions so I gratefully respect your :) *takes a bow*

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the scout is the most useless character on this game! So what if camo is activated all day long people still notice you! Engineer= Better Hacking skills useful in the game. Rifleman=Great guns and grenades. Scout? ######?lol

learn to be sneaky with the camo, then you wont die

-stun-claymore is GREAT! for setting up at objectives, which gets you data hack

-thermal scope works VERY! well on sandstorm, but besides that is great for seeing in general. And of course through smoke, cloak.

-in close-mid encounters lets see how well you go against someone who knows how to use an overgased P90.

-(twI'm not sure if any other classes get it but OTR Scanner are where the points are at for the most part) Besides the fact that it shows where the enemy is even through walls.

Scout may be the least "helpfull" to the team, I wouldn't underestimate the class. I flank and sneak up on guys lots. You gotta play with a good Scout user lol. Not a guy who lays down on the Market map and snipes invisible.

Well my opinion is that they are all good, rifleman is the main force who can simply push the other team out of the way with his rifles, LMG make objectives hard to get when you are supressed, engineer might have weak weapons but hi has a lot of good equipment with him, the UAV, sensor grenades (although anoying) and turrets that will ruin your tactics in a second. Scouts have their smg and their camo makes flanking easy when you use SMG´s and trust me, you don´t want to have a scout using sniper that aims at the objective, as long as he is alive, your team can not get the objective.

Edited by BETA OPTICS

Rifleman is the most useless.

Scout=Picking off targets that are too far away for your team.

Engineer=Locating targets so that allies are not jumped.

Rifleman=Canon Fodder

learn to be sneaky with the camo, then you wont die

-stun-claymore is GREAT! for setting up at objectives, which gets you data hack

-thermal scope works VERY! well on sandstorm, but besides that is great for seeing in general. And of course through smoke, cloak.

-in close-mid encounters lets see how well you go against someone who knows how to use an overgased P90.

-(twI'm not sure if any other classes get it but OTR Scanner are where the points are at for the most part) Besides the fact that it shows where the enemy is even through walls.

Scout may be the least "helpfull" to the team, I wouldn't underestimate the class. I flank and sneak up on guys lots. You gotta play with a good Scout user lol. Not a guy who lays down on the Market map and snipes invisible.

see thats the problem. So many players play the scout class but dont know how to use it right.

to me it seems all the classes have their own individual strengths..

I play 2 engineers, 1 with the ucav and 1 with the sentry, and I also play the scout, regarding your gun, the best advice I could give you is to know which map the sniper rifle works well with and which maps you should use the LMG, overpass and underground are great examples of maps that don't suit long range sniping well, and your'e not helping out the team much by using attempting it, for instance on overpass only the unskilled use the main street for cover or to hide…all the action is in the hallways, same goes for underground…everybody hits the side-rooms, use an overgassed lmg and yes you may find your kill count go up.

Thermal plus the OTR(a must have and great way to score extra xp) work excellent. many times have i ran into someone close up and got shot but youll notice many times that person who downed you goes down right after you do, well with the otr you get 200xp, thats 50 more than if you would have gotten for a kill behind cover…xp even when you die! not too shabby.

Scouts provide great intel if you choose the stun mine, that 200 xp just for the stun and 500 more if you get the data hack, it also provides a slight deterrent to enemies that use the routes provided that enable them to get behind your team, which is a tactic that many like to use to get their kill count up, try it out on harbor and youll see what I mean, you can easily put up more intel than the engineer class on a good run.

The only aspect I shied away from was the augmented camo…there are only so many maps and player memorization of those maps comes to everyone eventually, and when pixels that you are used to seeing dont look the way they are supposed too it catches your eye. I based my choice for the stun mine against augmented camo purely upon the number of times I noticed the strange set of player shaped textures trying to slowly crouch walk from spot to spot an shot them…it didnt seem all that valuable.

so In my opinion I consider the Scout to be extremely versatile, with stun mines theres no need to stalk an enemy just for the data hack, which frees up your secondary for an emp or explosive launcher for taking down equipment , and still leaves open your grenade slot for smoke, which as said before in these forums works well with a gun equipped with thermal…someone who posted here somewhere else was right…people get sloppy on the other side of the smokescreen, and you can be there to benefit from that with thermal.

my scout seems to play best when i move cover to cover, everybody gets flanked at some point or another, but its hard to press up towards an overgassed lmg. the bad rap to me comes from players who are sickened by 3 out of their six team members sitting up on the overpass watching the streets, don't get me wrong, im not a big fan either because on that map the alleys get so much action. hell I dont even see the point of one scout being up there, i don't need the protection from the other teams snipers because i hit the alleys fast like most of the others. save the rifles for maps with range,learn to use an lmg :P, and give us scouts a good rep. :P