Los Morelia

JohnTC02

Los Morelia v1 is ready for testing.

Los Morelia is built on the mission 08 clean landscape, as before I have included the new bonus objectives and they will work the same as in the last mission.

Again you will find the new type of supply units, these are the ships crate with some text on the walls saying "Supplies" so you will know when you have found them, as always use them at your own risk.

There are respawn points after you have completed each objective so plan your mission wisely.

It may not look it but the scripting for this mission is very complex, there are 2700 lines of code in the mission script so it took a fair amount of de-bugging. :rocky:

In an attempt to generate more interest in the beta testing forum I have reduced the amount of alpha testing.

This mission has only had a couple of tests, the first was with an empty map to make sure the mission worked ok and then there has been one trial with the AI and vehicles in place.

I hope by doing this there will be more feedback in this forum as there could still be some issues to iron out. Some of the alpha testers will be providing their feedback and I hope others will want to try the mission as well.

I hope you like the mission, :thumbsup:

John

Download:

Los Morelia v1.

Los Morelia v1 is ready for testing.

Hey, we had a great time with this one... I especially liked some of the .50 cal placement at the beginning. Unfortunately, our server was having serious connection problems (we're not quite sure what's going on... his router may have gotten fried or something).

Hey John,

Another great map!

The game is, however, somewhat laggy. Even when you just enter the game the ping is pretty high (normal 17-20, los Morelia 40-50!?!?).

In game it got up to 120. So that makes it pretty hard to take out the havoc :P

Just after taking down the sandbags there is a trashcontainer on the right side (second street to the right). It is possible to get in it, however it is impossible to get out again :-s

At Trigger 07C a couple of AI's spawn at the top of a roof. This happened for me when I was allready on the roof and looking around me. Is it possible to set the trigger slightly earlier?

Gocho and I only played this map twice until now, so that'll be it for the moment.

Best regards,

BikerBob

Howdy there!

We absolutely LOVED the placement of bad guys! Such an art... without blowing the frame rate. I also liked all the secret objectives and all the little gas cans! Woot!

We made ALMOST all the way to the end of the level, but after blowing the roadblock and as we pushed our way into the extraction, we got the following crash:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member:

clear_all_weapon_slots_except in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\groupunit.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

As usual, we were using a client server.

Hi John,

as the others comment already, a great map again :thumbsup:

For us it looks like almost ready to publish because we had no crash, script problem or other issues except low frame rates special at the beginning after the sand bags and then the rest was low as well but playable. We did not had too much triggers at a time because Erika and me did one mission after the other. Used as always a LAN dedicated server with 2 clients.

The placement of the objectives is great and locking some of them with gates is a good idea as well. This told us to keep them for the finish and do the others first.

Thanks and have a great weekend to John and the rest of the Ghosts :)

Ps...Is it possible that you get so good that alpha testing is not needed anymore?

Apologies for not replying sooner, been a bit busy lately on another project. :ph34r:

I will fix the problems that have been reported here asap then either post another beta or get it released, there doesn't seem to be any major issues so it will probably be just as well to release it.

If there is anymore problems or you think I should post another beta version then let me know.

Many thanks,

John

Well Triplex and I played through it again and apart from the odd thing already mentioned in alpha testing, like occassional guy who doesn't mount MG\react (much better now, only saw one, but can't remember where it was, will check.) :unsure:

There were 2 occassions where the Mg didn't aim and missed by miles. He kept firing straight ahead...I know the one was on the roof where the glass surface was, but will have to play again to see whether it's the game\server or the map. :o=

The AI in the first humraam didn't respond at all, other than that,the guys on this map are very much awake and my body count was a bit embarrassing, especially in the sheds. :starwars:

All in all really, I can find nothing noticeably wrong or irritating, so if no one else has these problems it can probably be released soon. :yay:

Thanks for testing again Brett/Trip,

These MG guys are always hit and miss, sometimes they will use the MG but other times they just seem to stand by them as if they are wondering what they are for. :rolleyes:

Not sure why the humraam AI were a bit sleepy when the rest were ok, I will check the AI graph again to make sure it's ok in that area.

I will do my best to get this released this week but as you know I have some nasty stuff going on so I'm not sure how things will go. :unsure:

Hi John,

There's a few things Brett forgot to mention here :shifty:

We've found one bot behind the fence:

graw220101106212213.jpg

If you climb up the fence, you'll be able to get inside the extraction area(screenshot was taken one week ago when I was testing with jfk):

graw220101030030759.jpg

AI gets stuck at some poles:

graw220101030033042.jpg

That's all for now. Wish you all the best John, take care.

Hi trip,

Thanks for the screens, I think Zero mentioned before that there was one AI that spawned behind a fence but I never did find him, I'll relocate him.

You mentioned before that you could get through the cable reels before you destroyed them so I put the barrels there, didn't realise that you could get over the fence, lol, I'll get that sorted as well.

I don't know why those stupid bots try to get through gaps that are to small for them, after all I do make these maps big enough so there should be enough space for them. :blink:

Thanks for your best wishes trip, I will be pleased when Tuesday is done and dusted. :(

• 2 weeks later...