Mexbob Quarry Day

Hello everyone,

Here is a rewritten version of my mission of Gorilla's Quarry Forest. I took a lot of the suggestions from the beta testers and others along with changes that Gorilla and I made during the testing of gorilla_quarry_forest_day and gorilla_quarry_forest.

I deceided to take the original GR:AW2 quarry map and try my hand with the editor, so yesterday and today I have been working on this. I hope it meets with your aproval.

UPDATED MISSION FILE:03/11/10

http://mexbob.com/Graw2/coop_mexbob_quarry_day_v1c.zip

Enjoy and give some feed back.

PS

There is no password required:

:D

Mexico Bob

Edited by mexicobob

Bob,

I tried the mission this morning. I wasn't able to get all the way through because I ran out of time. The mission ran great for the most part. I had frame rates between 30 and 60, which was a great improvement. Only bringing up one objective at a time helps with the flow of this mission. In general I like to have the objectives all lit up and choose which one I want to do. I gives the mission a greater lifespan (we'll play it more times). But doing it one objective at a time solves the issues Gorilla was having.

The only thing I noticed was that I would spawn on top of the building at checkpoint 2. Other than that I would say this version is a big improvement over the last ones. I'll see if the rest of the guys in the squad would like to try it tonight.

Later,

Rahn

Rahnman,

Thanks for the review. As for the objectives, I have planed to do as you said in one of the next releases, I just wanted to get this out now so I could get the feedback. The other is going to take a little research on my part to see how to acomplish things randomly. :hmm:

I am glad you had better frame rates. w00t

Bob

PS

Let me know what time you are going to play and I will try and join you. I am in MST zone.

Bob

ive played it thru 3 times so far every time after u get to checkpoint 2 no obj show up and map will not end and u constantly spawn on top of buildn there

but other than that hardly to no lag thru

keep up the good work

ive played it thru 3 times so far every time after u get to checkpoint 2 no obj show up and map will not end and u constantly spawn on top of buildn there

but other than that hardly to no lag thru

keep up the good work

Checkpoint 2 is just to trigger the respawn point.

There is an obj already listed as "Howitzer A" if you have destroyed the mule02!.

I am changing the respawn circle to get off the roof, but you still arrive on the roof 1 in 4 times.

Bob

I have rewritten the mission to take in consideration all comments made here and have updated the mission.

I could not find the problems that Taw_Zero was having, but this should address those concerns. :hmm:

UPDATED: 03/11/10

Thanks for the feedback :D

Mexico Bob

Edited by mexicobob

This is using Gorilla's AI graph, I have not learned how to do that part yet! :blush:

I am just learning how to use the editor, so I do not know how to fix lightmap problems, I am using the default setting from the original Mission 2. :ph34r:

Mexico Bob

Hey Bob,

I ran through it this morning. The mission ran very smooth and the AI were very fast. :)

The only issue I saw was with the Mule01 objective. I saved it for last to see what would happen. I completed all the other objectives first and then took out the mule. As soon as I did all the AI for the extraction spawned right in front of me and I was smacked pretty hard.

In light of the fact that the mule01 and the extraction are located in the same place, it might be best to set the mule01 objective by itself and then once it is completed you can bring up the rest of the objectives.

Other than that I really liked the mission, great job!!

I'll see if we can get it on our server tonight.

Rahn

In light of the fact that the mule01 and the extraction are located in the same place, it might be best to set the mule01 objective by itself and then once it is completed you can bring up the rest of the objectives.

Rahn

Noted! for the next release, I will look into this . :rocky:

Rahn, I have made the changes. :thumbsup:

Mission Update: 03/11/10

Edited by mexicobob

After playing with the TAW group the other night, it was mentioned that I put more fences up around the targets to keep from Zuses. However, when I did put up more fences it did not make a difference, the Zuses just went over the top and took out the target anyway. So I am leaving the mission at its current level. and releasing it for public release.

Thanks to all who played and offered feedback on my first mission written in joint effort with Gorilla. :thumbsup:

Mexico Bob