Tweaking weapons files in GRAW2

As far as I know the sb-templates folder in the brettzies mod only has the "sb_weapon_data.xml" file inside of it. This file mainly shows all the different variables that are selectable within the "units/weapons/u_(weaponname)" filepath. It also lists what the default values will be if the variable is not specified inside a given weapons file.

I usually do most of my modding inside the weapons files (units/weapons/u_"weaponname") xml files. I only use the "sb_weapons_data.xml" as a reference so that I know which variables I can add to a given weapon and what the defaults are. You could probably use this file to change the default values of the weapons if none are specified within a given weapons "u_xxxxxx" file.

Hope that helps,

Rahn

Sorry Rahn,

That went over my head a bit! In the GRAW1 mod it was easy jsut to change the ammo count.

If you could direct me to a specific XML file in the weapons pack local file and help me with what to do. Sorry to be such a pain, apart from being very inexperienced and a bit old so a lot of stuff needs to be explained in the simplest of terms.

Thanks for your time

Peter.

Also could you tell me the correct forum for questions about PhysX.

Cheers.

^Stepping in.

If all you're looking to do is add mags to your loadout, or similar type of edit, the file you should be looking for is weapon_data.xml (from data\lib\managers\xml) in either the stock patch.bundle or, in your case, from the 3rd party mod.

____

Non-specific PhysX questions/problems are best handled in the Tech Section.

NoQuarter is right about changing mags for campaign play. There are also several other properties within the file he mentioned that you can change, such as the amount of damage each weapon does. However, there are many weapon properties that are not contained within that file.

If you want to change different weapons properties such as how many bullets each mag will have you will have to make changes to the "u_xxxxxx" file for each weapon you want to modify. Here is the filepath:

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05/units/weapons/ then pick the xml for the weapon you want to modify.

The sb_templates folder will not do you much good.

Rahn