aimpoint on saw

seiken05

i made some changes in weapons. i put aimpoint on saw ( i use bretzies weapons pack 2.05b). to regular ghosts work fine, but for other units crash. i put saw-aimpoint to bravo team units (group manager.xml), but don't work.

crash:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "bravo_team_support_02"

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

what is wrong?

• 5 weeks later...

Seiken05,

I have gotten that kind of crash when I improperly edited the code in the xml file. Check your alterations and make sure that your code is correct. I didn't know that the aimpoint would work on the saw at all since the "saw" doesn't have any mods listed (sights, silencers, etc) in the "weapons_data.xml" folder. I'll give it a try and see if it works.

Hope this helps,

Rahn

(TAW_Rahnman)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's uncommon to have some kind of optic on a SAW. You could always add it in GRAW but I never really use it so I didn't think about making the zoom work. Spent a few hours retargetting some anims and got it pretty close. Actually should have taken even less time, but I ran into some weird problem where the reloads wouldn't close the saw properly after the bullets were in. Not sure why it was doing that but I just went back and redid a few files till I found the culprit and it worked. Some clipping, but it's useable. Check out the vids to see it in action:

Videos: bp saw w/aimpoint

meu15-saw-bg.jpg

bp_sawSight_01.jpg

Videos: bp saw w/aimpoint